Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Stuck Rotors

Old 06-11-2007, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Any word on how it came out yet crash?

Hopefully they were able to get them off without having to cut the axle.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:08 PM

I just did mine with rotor pros.
Must say driver side took some wacking with sledgehammer but got it off.
other side took the the whole thing right off and my dad had to bring it to work and cut it with torch.
Im going to do my back brakes also are they the same to get off?Or easier?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:41 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

back brakes are a bit more difficult to put on because of the special tool, but they come off just the same.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:08 PM

Ya a quick update I guess....They got both rotors off but damgaed the PV boot on one as well as a knuckle...still waiting on parts I think it will be done tomorrow (Wed.) and is going to cost almost $900 CAD. Kinda sucks but I should have known better and taken the car to Wpg. (a larger city 2 hours away.) They have a great dealership there that a former member from here KaiJai used to work at. I normally go there and would have except that my brakes were dragging so bad I didn't want to mess anything else up (ironic no??) Anyway I will be done with these guys after tommorow. I didn't mention before but they let my car roll away in their parking lot and it hit a trailer and bent the liscense plate up a bit...kinda shows what kinda shop it is though. I didn't know that little story until it was too late (up on the hoist and wheels & brakes off) I was real pissed they didn't phone and tell me right away I had to ask when I showed up. We will be discussing compensation tommorow (again no real damage but still....)
Old 06-12-2007, 07:39 PM

F-that man, no way you should pay that much, you would be being GENEROUS giving them HALF that.

I am telling you, just throw 450 cash at them, grab your keys and run.

That is some serious bull shyt, I think I am more pissed than you!!

Just tell them, well, if you knew what you were doing you wouldn't have caused that damage, so I am paying you much more than you deserve, but I am not paying fully for your mistake.

Damn, that sucks.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:42 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon Fx

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tdonnell @ Jun 12 2007, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Just tell them, well, if you knew what you were doing you wouldn't have caused that damage, so I am paying you much more than you deserve, but I am not paying fully for your mistake.

Damn, that sucks.</div>

Exactly... you shouldn't pay for their incompetence
Old 06-12-2007, 07:53 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

there's absolutely no way you should be paying for that other damage. i work in sales at an automotive repair facility and there would be NO way i would make a customer pay for that type of damage. they HAVE to eat it. don't pay for anything other than the brake job.... and i would question even THAT because they obviously don't know what the hell they're doing
Old 06-12-2007, 09:06 PM

^^^Good point, they probably screwed up the brake job in addition to the rest of the crap they managed to damage.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:14 PM

I guess that is the only good thing about this whole pile of $hit....it's harder to mess up a job with all new parts, but I guess time will tell. I just want my car back, then I can lick my wounds a little...I am out of town until Friday and it will have been a week by the time I get my car back
Old 06-12-2007, 09:20 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That pisses me off.... You tell them that if you have to pay full price because they did not know how to get the rotors off and ended up f***ing up your car in the process, you'll take it to the better business buearu... And a naked dude driving a tiburon might show up and scare off customers.