Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Stuck on ice and,...

Old 01-04-2005, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: RD Tiburon Calendar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead)</div><div class='quotemain'>For Tibs if you get on ice, and you start to slide, you're pretty much screwed unless your in an open area.</div>

Well that's just great. Especially when the ditches in my area are a good 5' deep and the roads narrow. I'm so looking forward to winter driving. :?
Old 01-04-2005, 09:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Pics of my girl

I just wanted to add that this is pretty common with all vehicles wether fwd or rwd. It's the same reason 2wd pickups aren't good for off road. It's the reason muscle car guys install positrack <--completely unsure on that spelling, it's where the back to tires always turn at the same speed for rwd it's even better than lsd. Alot of cars have... arg, I think they call it traction control but it's just lsd. My mom's minivan has it. When one tire starts to slip then it locks both tires in till you pull out of it. lol, just remembered when we first got the van my mom thought it meant that the van had awd.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: aftermarket parts & stock parts updated & added

Traction control is just a system like ABS is for braking. Canadian V6 Tibbies have traction control optional. Its basically hits the brakes hard FOR you until you get traction.

I hate traction control, the same way I hate ABS. You have less control over the car. I had a friend who, when it was raining, stopped at a stop sign. There was a hill nearby and he had to go straight. He pulls out, and a car comes booking over the hill. He hits the gas to make the crossing, and one tire slips. A normal car would spin that tire for a sec, and it would eventually pull out for you. But good old traction control locks him up right there in a middle of the lane for several seconds, and ends up getting hit and it being deemed his fault.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:17 AM

Default Re: exhaust sound clips

for you info.. a Posi rear.. IS not as good as an LSd.. with both rear wheels LOCKED together, the car will be an understeering animal and you will wear the rear tyres out quickly trying to turn. It is ONLY good on the track.. and in some rare cases.. a few front wheel drive rally cars.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: exhaust sound clips

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltraTibby)</div><div class='quotemain'>Our LSD transfers power to the tire with the LEAST resistance</div>

you prolly know this, but i just want to clarify. we dont have any type of LSD in our cars. we have whats known as an open differential.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Stuck on ice and,...

Sorry thats what I ment just couldnt think of the word at the time.