Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Strut Bar Questions

Old 05-22-2006, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I can't quite find enough information on this topic, so any extra help would be appreciated.
I'm thinking of getting a front strut bar, but is there any huge difference you can feel? Is it worth it?
To install, can you take all 3 of the strut bolts off without messing things up, or what's the best way to install it? Is it ok if I take off 2 at a time?
As for that knock sensor, I simply turn that around, keeping it at the same angle, right?
Where's the best place to get it, spend $80 on kspec, or would a $35 one on eBay to the same? Cheaper the better for me!

Sorry, this is a bit offtopic.gif , but what's the size of the spark plug cover (valve cover) bolt??? I've tried 10mm which seemed too small and 11mm was too big, same for 7/16 and 3/8. I want to paint it, but i can't get it off! mad.gif

Thanks again!
SE
Old 05-22-2006, 03:06 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StrikeEagle @ May 22 2006, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I can't quite find enough information on this topic, so any extra help would be appreciated.
I'm thinking of getting a front strut bar, but is there any huge difference you can feel?</div>
yes. you'll definately feel the change. especially while cornering

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Is it worth it?</div>
yes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>To install, can you take all 3 of the strut bolts off without messing things up, or what's the best way to install it? Is it ok if I take off 2 at a time?</div>
on the majority (at least for mine) you only had to take off the front 2. the back most one isn't used for the strut bar mount.... and yes, you can take them all off at once if necessary

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>As for that knock sensor, I simply turn that around, keeping it at the same angle, right?</div>
it must be facing the same direction
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Where's the best place to get it, spend $80 on kspec, or would a $35 one on eBay to the same? Cheaper the better for me!</div>
when buying on ebay, you may not get a proper fitment. on KSpec, its gaurenteed. they know Hyundais wink1.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry, this is a bit offtopic.gif , but what's the size of the spark plug cover (valve cover) bolt??? I've tried 10mm which seemed too small and 11mm was too big, same for 7/16 and 3/8. I want to paint it, but i can't get it off!</div>
its a 10mm man. almost everything under that hood is a 10mm
Old 05-22-2006, 03:55 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ don't forget 12MM for bolts on the thermostat, miscelanious 14mm and 17mm for top bolt on the strut
Old 05-22-2006, 05:28 PM

Like Spart says, you can feel it when cornering. There's not as much chassis flex, so both front tires stay planted. For my Tib it also calms down wheel hop on hard launches. Haven't gotten one yet, but I've heard the center bar (not rear strut-the one that goes across the floor in the backseat)helps out alot as well. As far as handling.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:21 PM

Vehicle: 1992 Honda Accord EX

I got the one off of ebay. It is the Factory Tuned make from Falken . Paid $35 shipped!

No fitment issues. It bolts up to all three bolts on each side.

smile.gif
Old 05-22-2006, 07:07 PM

Oh yeah, I have a Motoria Strut bar that I bought from Sparticus. It was about a 5 minute install.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:28 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

The ebay ones should be just fine. I have a front and center stabilizer, both from ebay. And the cool thing about the front strut bar from ebay is that you can make fit with an AIRRAM! So far its one of the only solutions for that dilema at this time. wink1.gif