Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Stock Exhaust No Muffler

Old 01-07-2008, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, last weekend my friend and I decided to up bolt my muffler just to see how it would sound. All i got is a cold air and the rest is stock. From what I herd I really liked it. Im starting to think of getting exhaust components, my question to everyone is what would be good to keep the same or near the same sound of an unbolted. BTW in the video yes thats me that talked the first time, yes i know i sound like a kid, its because i can kinda change my voice, its eaiser to talk like that but i can change it to lower which many people say is cool, weird, normal sounding, etc. second i know i bounced it off the rev limiter and i know it waasent the best idea to start it ont he jack but w/e. Besides ive seen too many vids of people who can rev for shi* .

THIS IS AN EXHAUST VID
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii209/s...nt=MOV01403.flv

also thats my friends photobucket account, hes got tinted tails which i thinkin bout doin by his guy
Old 01-07-2008, 06:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

all safety issues aside, thanks for the vid. I would have thought that the exhaust would have been louder without the muffler. I guess the resenator that Hyundai put on our tib's is better then I would have thought.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:38 PM

well it seemed louder in person its really easy to unbolt the stock muffler and its just ezer if u take the wheel off, its just 2 bolts

since i been thinkin about gettin a header, i know they only come with one o2 bung, my question to everyon with aftermarket exhaust is, wat do u do with the sensor thats b4 the cat on the stock manafold? do u extend it to after the aftermarket cat and use the one thats currently after the stock cat as the b4 sensor, or do u extend them both and keep their same positions?

Basically do u extend them both to do the same jobs their doing now or does it matter which one goes where.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:51 PM

When I was driving without the muffler on my RD1 with only an intake I liked the sound a lot. Better than any of the aftermarkets I had. We shouldnt even have a muffler past that. We should have only resonators like the SRT4 has.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:03 PM

Its more like an oil drum the stock muffler is huge. Yah it made me happy when i took it off, i want that soud in aftermarket
Old 01-08-2008, 05:06 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (njsharkracer @ Jan 7 2008, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I would have thought that the exhaust would have been louder without the muffler.</div> You must have some pretty wimpy speakers on your computer. My 5.1 surround sound system on my computer says that's loud and bassy as hell.