Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Stalling

Old 06-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

laugh.gif don't thank me until it's fixed! Using the correct fluid with a fresh filter will only help matters, but at this point it is only speculation that it will help with your stalling problem. Do let us know how it goes!
Old 07-06-2010, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Well I changed fluid out and there were pieces of bearings on the magnets. I cleaned it up replaced fluid and will keep driving it with O/D off until it gives me problems. It's still stalling but I noticed the coolant temps doesn't rise off cold. It's still not pulling any CEL. Could it be a bad coolant sensor even though a CEL is not on? It stalls when cold but when it warms up it's fine.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:52 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Can you get a mode $01 scan and tell us what the ecu reads as the coolant temp? The sensor and sender are two different things.

What maintenance have you done to the car?

If there were pieces of the bearing there, then it's a good chance that could be the culprit. There are several things that could cause stalling. Get a mode $07 and mode $03 scan to find out pending and current codes to find out what is going on without the check engine light
Old 07-06-2010, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

As far as maintenance I changed plugs and wires replaced air filter. I also flushed radiator and replaced thermostat. I bought a fuel filter but haven't put on yet. Don't know what your talking about as far as the scans, can you elaborate please.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:47 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah obd provides more info then just check engine light codes. You may want to have it scanned by someone other then autozone.