Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Is stainless steel alright for CAI?

Old 02-02-2005, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THat's almost exactly like my CAI..
Old 02-02-2005, 03:30 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CyberShark)</div><div class='quotemain'>THat's almost exactly like my CAI..</div>

Got any pics of it?
Old 02-02-2005, 04:09 PM

unfortuneatly, I don't..The only difference is that it's one pipe, not two sectioned off pieces, (kinda like a "J")connected from the MAF to the enlarged hole after the battery has been moved to the side. Other then that, it's the same thing.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:23 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OzFxCoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>??? The MAF sensor isn't there but the rubber hose is the same overall length... just in one piece & without the MAF sensor in the middle of it...</div>
But you DO want to change that piece of rubber, it's ribbed on the inside too, and that bend it has before the TB shouldn't be that healthy either...
Old 02-02-2005, 05:02 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KayJai)</div><div class='quotemain'>Damn, that looks familiar wink1.gif

But yeah mine and Neo's CAI is pretty much the same. 3" Stainless steal exhaust piping,... and that "Ebay" one that Col (got it off Ebay) is made by a local guy,... long story, but same ones we have.

Haven't had any issues with ours.</div>

Excuse me, but do you think that I would by something like that off Ebay rolleyes.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OzFxCoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>Got any pics of it?</div>

Here is the CAI that I made, & SS has been fine for me. The car goes quite well with it, & I don't really think that the air (which is a poor conductor of heat anyway) would absorb much heat from the pipe in the small amount of time it is in contact. The air will get more heat from the IM anyway, as that will be much hotter than the CAI thinking.gif yup.gif fing02.gif
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/629905/3
Old 02-02-2005, 06:12 PM

looks nice polished.... mine is painted to match the car.. then I stuck a "hyundai" on it to make it look more stock...

Not the best pic.. but I was not aiming at the CAI..

Old 02-02-2005, 06:21 PM

^^That looks nice...you just gave me an idea..
Old 02-02-2005, 10:39 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (col96fx)</div><div class='quotemain'>Excuse me, but do you think that I would by something like that off Ebay rolleyes.gif</div>

Col man, I think he meant Mad-Machine got his off ebay... everyone knows you make all of your own stuff! wink1.gif Also, I'd seen yours before - BTW, it's very nice - but I was just wanting to see what other people had done with theirs.

Mine will more than likely be in 2 pieces, with a red silicone coupler joining them together as I was wanting to add a bit more colour to the engine bay... I might get them welded together further down the track.

Zman, I would like to change the rubber section too but I prolly won't worry about it just yet (another reason for using the silicone coupler)... the vacuum hoses need fittings welded to the intake piping & I don't want to mess around with that at this point in time... I was just saying that Mad's setup would work exactly the same on a MAP based car.

Mad's is like this...

Old 02-03-2005, 06:02 AM

yes, that is it.. mine used to be that fake anodized red.. but once I started colour coding the engine to the body, it looked out of place... Personally, like your's Col.. this style is a much shorter design and I think it keeps the filter up and out of any water on the road a LOT better than the AEM version.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:05 AM

Yes man sure you can do that too. I did weld two SS smaller tubes to act as the OEM connectors on the OEM rubber hose, you can see that in a pic in my vBGarage; actually you will only see the small one facing the front, because the other one is actually blocked in the pic by the strut bar. Perspective however is tricky, because the filter seems to be much higher in the engine bay than it actually is. I'll take better pics to post when I put my AirRam, Headers and BBTB laugh.gif: