Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

SSA Exhaust

Old 01-05-2005, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: RD Tiburon Calendar

is the ssa cat back for 00 tib any good? i found a good deal for one $260 shipped, is it worth it? also do they press bend or is mandrel?
Old 01-05-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: RD Tiburon Calendar

they are good but people complained that they are a bit too loud. But I think it was resolved by putting a resonator, so they should sound a lot nicer now.

Btw, you could have posted a link from ebay. They are finaly back on ebay! who missed it 1st time just on it!!!!
Old 01-05-2005, 06:02 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Exhaust Leak! Help me please!

Thats not too bad of a deal. I believe the SSA is 2.5inch mandrel bent stainless steel. You might lose a touch of low end torque.

They are supposedly loud, but thats probably just there choice of muffler, not the piping. Slap a glasspack on there and it should be ok.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:00 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: FS 1997 Tib dril/slot rotors and stock parts

wow.... then they've gone up w/ their ebay price. my cat-back exhaust (2½ inch pipe, 4" 5Zigen tip) was $150 plus shipping.

sound wise. i love it. very deep. it's not a "civic sounding" exhaust.

ease of installation? uhm... for mine, we had to do a lil bending, a lil cutting. nothing major. if you don't have air powered tools... i wouldn't recommend doing it yourself.

it's a good exhaust for the price that you're paying..
Old 01-05-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Re: brake lights are on, but shouldnt be

Where did you find this?
Old 01-05-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: evo fusion

are you blind? read my post!!!

and they added a resonator to their exhaust, so it should quiet it down a little smile.gif
Old 01-05-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Re: SSA Exhaust

^^^ Damn talk about attitude...... Anyway lol.gif, I have a set of SSA headers and I have to say after the terrible fitment they had and all the time it took to fix I wouldnt recommend their products for even my worst enemy!
Old 01-05-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Re: WTB: Chrome 17" or 18" Rims with tires

I mean I said ebay more than once and he's still asking.... he's just lazy to read, so he deserves to see some attitude!

I think I have a set of SSA headers on my elantra and they fit fine, except the downpipe, because it wasn't designed for my car.

And lots of people bought that exhaust a while back and very happy with it.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:23 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated
Default Re: I need advice..

So for those looking for cheap performance mods off eBay which is a better quality header (fitment, performance, etc.):

OBX $155
SSA Header ($dunno the price but I think it's more expensive)

do OBX 4-2-1 headers have the same fitment/02 sensor problems that I've heard SSA headers have?

On-TOPIC: I would suggest the SSA exhaust for the price you pay. I plan on getting on in a month or so, hopefully they'll still be up. I've read plenty of posts here asking what's our best exhaust choice and before the new exhaust suppliers started coming out (Ark, Mussa) it was MBRP that was #1 (out of stock) and the SSA exhaust that was the "next best" I really hope they're still on eBay in a month.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: SSA Exhaust

There is no other options on ebay for the headers as of now. Although, SSA has a deal, exhaust + headers $375+60, I think it's a one hell of a deal!!!