Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.
View Poll Results: Do you have a sponsor?
Yes
6.25%
No
68.75%
I have Multiple Sponsors
9.38%
No, stay away from sponsors, bad!
15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Sponsorship Deals

Old 05-04-2005, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Kit, one thing man... You are showing them a picture of your car with their banner Already on it.

You want sponsorship for driving around with that banner.

If they say no... you STILL are driving around with their banner. If I was in their shoes, I would say no to you, because you are already doing advertizing for them, without a sponsorship.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:30 PM

good point, i didnt think of that. I hope they dont notice your ideology. I can always show pics of it still off next time. Good idea Casper.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

They are paid to notice that ideologoy. That is one reason you do not put banners on your car if you are not sponsored by them. There are a lot of ricers out there that will stick logos of everything they have on their car. Why pay them for the advertizing that they are already doing for free?

Sponsors (especially big corporations) are looking to make money. They want a car that will stand out above the rest. They also want to have this car at as many functions as possible, to further promote the product.

Honestly, I can not see Yokohama taking this seriously. Think how many people are sending the same exact requests. Is your car better than all of theirs? Did you sink 10k into your car to get it to that point?

Here's the key... it takes money to make money. You have to have an outstanding car to get sponsors.... to keep your car outstanding.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:15 PM

IMO you should just get a job...then you know that you aren't going to be told to go somewhere...you go where you want and you buy your own parts...there's some satisfaction it that too...
Old 05-04-2005, 10:02 PM

This is the last friendly warning... stop the bashing and finger pointing or this thread will get locked and people will get docked points.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:07 PM

Please dont lock this thread, guys no more fighting, Redz did what he did he has the power and right to, wheater its right or wrong isnt your judgment, srry to say, fair or not im taking it i dont care. Point is i need more info on what your guys thoughts on the whole sponsorship deal is. I do have a job so i do get income for that, but some of my money goes into saving up for my Elise and the rest for misc expenses. So i cant just buy parts randomly.right now i only have about 11,000 on hand, thats all saved for the Elise, i have aprx. 1000 for misc. expenses, for the Tib i have like 500$ on hand. Sooo point is id like a sponsor to boost that last digit up.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Once again, I find myself sticking up for this guy.

I too was once a high school ricer. Now, I've graduated and become a college ricer tongue.gif I once wanted washer nozzle LED's and neon tubes on my ceiling. One time I thought about hubcap spinners (just kidding).

At least kit is curious, and trying to learn how things work. I wish I didn't wait til I was 20 to get curious about what he's curious about now. He's getting better, and we need to start offering CONSTRUCTIVE criticism to our fellow Hyundai ricers, instead of Bashing. Yes, he's a little hard to get through to and understand sometimes, but look at how far he's come since he FIRST posted here not so long ago... he's come a long way.

I have more respect for him than I do some of the other people on this site. At least he's trying to learn and ASKING for help and guidance from us. The least we can do is give it to him.

I don't have any sponsors. It doesn't take much to get them, you don't even have to have a heavily modded car... what you do need are connections and an inside man to talk to. If you get one sponsor, it makes it easier to get more. My advice: start locally and show dedication to those who can help you.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:32 PM

^^ WOW, im feeling special . tnx man, ya im kinda confusing sometimes, whenever you guys dont get something ask, id be happy to explain anything. Im curuious about everything and i like chalenging ideas to try to bring up my own theories (like that one CAI thread i made). I do make a few foolish posts (understatement) but i realy wanna help and know more; after all thats why we are all here. If you guys knew how much ive learned about stuff here. I never was big into cars till i got the tib, ive grown soo much love for these cars and mechanics in general. Failed miserably along the lines though too. Tnx Majiktib. and on your subject about networking, does anyone know anyone who can hook me up in the chicago area? i guees its worth to try aproaching it this way too...
Old 05-04-2005, 10:59 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Why save up for and elise when you are 16? My God, if I had that kind of money lying around I know it wouldn't be for some exotic car when I have a car I could make exotic with that money. I am 27 and going back to school full time and living on my own and almost every dime of extra money I have will be going to mod my car. I plan on putting 2 - 3k in my car every year. I want to go with a full show alpine system, and I know it will easily cost me 3 - 5k for everything I'd like to do. It would be nice if I started it out and got about 2k into it and had them sponsor me to finish off my system.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hyundaicraz @ May 4 2005, 07:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>first of all REDZ if u have a prob with KIT take sum where else u adding to the fire doesnt help
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Considering you have no authority on this site, you don't get to tell folks here what to do. Sorry bro. Also, where else to take it?

1. AIM = BLOCKED, 35 to 40 IM's a day when I'm not even at the PC from Kit.

2. PM's = BLOCKED, 2 to 3 PM's per day, at MINIMUM, telling me "I'm sorry", "don't be mad for what I did", and "Sir, blah blah blah".

3. Email = BLOCKED, see 1 and 2.

4. Not only me, but he's blocked from Java, the "Non Asshole Admin", for the same reasons.

You posting and trying to defend his ass just fuels his fire. Good job. He's been banned 5 times, and this one will be permanant.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>yes im on this everyday just about and see the stupid stuff he posts</div>

Yay for you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>look if its dumb dont respond</div>

It's my job here mang. You don't like it, you don't have to visit at all.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>there is no need to bash on some that cant spell</div>

Sure there is. He's asking for advise on how to get sponsorships. Sending a email with bad spelling (considering all email programs, even online webmail have spell checkers), or posting (Hmm, site even has a spell checker) with stupid stuff daily, is not the way to work it. Would you give a sponsorship to someone that can't even spell his car's MODEL CORRECTLY???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>also and the poll ur adding a point to him for making a poll that just dumb if u wanna make a poll to see what everyone else thinks thats fine,</div>

5 polls in a week. 5 polls on vinyl. Very usefull for the site.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>maybe when he post stupid stuff just says thats stupid and lock it</div>

Ahh, but then we get b****ed at for censorship. It's a fine line, and as you have no say in it, don't worry about it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>or even take away post points much easier than being a ass about it</div>

It's the only thing that keeps him even partly in line.

BTW, your whole post was off topic.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kit-Fox @ May 4 2005, 08:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I thought my poll was completly apropriate considering my search for a sponsorship.<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

It might be one of the only appropriate ones, but 5 polls in what, 4 days? Come on man. Ask a frigging question and go off the answers. What was wrong was WHERE YOU PUT THE THREAD.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jToIeB @ May 4 2005, 08:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well if you do that^^ try to use better grammar and spelling wink1.gif ...at least SEEMING to be professional about some things can go a long way...
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Exactly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hyundaicraz @ May 4 2005, 08:21 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>well maybe im not defending you jsut im tried of seeing anyone posting and they get bashed on im tired of it<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Like who here has been bashed for an idea? No one. Kit fox gets bashed for his constant stream of ricer comments and mods, and the inability to post anything even slightly helpful to the site. Or even follow the simple rules. Show me this "Bashing". It's funny, 98% of the folks at this site think it's the best run one out there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>thats why i dont post on here much, i know more than most on this site</div>

No big loss man. Nothing that you "know" is secret or isn't known by others. If you want to keep to yourself and not share your knowledge or solutions, why even come by?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>most people here are scared to get dirty</div>

Like who?

Another off topic post. Warned.