Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Speedo Acting Funky.. Dont Think Its Busted

Old 10-14-2005 | 07:31 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

yes, I had it. Check voltage on engine off and engine running.

speedo start doing it when there is very low voltage. But there should be also ABS and AIR BAG lapms on.
Old 10-14-2005 | 08:23 AM

Yeah I have noticed the samething with mine. A couple times this has happened. I would be driving and all of the sudden the needle on the speedo would just drop to 0. Only when I went to slow down or stop an then go would it correct itself. Also sometimes when it would do that the needle would jump. Like lets say from the 0 to about 20 or 25 then back down real fast. Another thing, im not sure if it is connected with this problem, but while driving at night the needle will get stuck anywhere between 60-75 or so. Again it won't correct itself untill I slow down or either stop and then go again.

I do have the glow needle mod and AOS indiglo gauges. I was going to try to take apart my dash to see if I see anything. Might either do that today or wait till next week.
Old 10-14-2005 | 09:27 AM

Check also your Speed sensor located ontop of the tranny, the contacts maybe be corroded or the sensor failing.
Old 10-14-2005 | 11:49 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

How come you don't have a cover on your guages?

I would also make sure you don't put the needle in hard. Just softly tap it in. Just enough for to rest on the idle plastic thing. You can test it by resting on that plastic peice then moving the needle to around 80 and see if it falls down back to rest all by itself.