Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Spark Plug Wire Boot Stuck

Old 05-24-2007, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is like the second or third times this has happened. I go to replace the spark plug wires (this time, with gorgeous new PRD 8mm wires), and one of the boots just has to get stuck down in the hole. I just wanna see, anyone else ever have this problem? How did you get the boot out? We tried pulling up on it with a flathead, but the damn thing's being a b!tch. I suggested long needle nose pliers, which we will acquire tomorrow. But is there like a certian way, or best way to get it out?
Old 05-24-2007, 10:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

pull and wiggle. and put some dielectric grease on it next time and it wont get stuck nearly as bad. some even came with the prds probably. and i think thats the right name for the grease
Old 05-24-2007, 11:06 PM

Vehicle: car

^^ exactly ericy. Sometimes the metal on the boot will sieze up on the spark plug. Dielectric grease will keep that from happening. Also, could be the spark plug grommet on the valve cover maybe swelling or something if it's the same hole. Maybe a new valve cover gasket might be a good idea. Not hard to replace at all, I'm sure you know that one though. fing02.gif Good luck though!

And by the way, where did you get the PRD wires at tibbychick?
Old 05-25-2007, 07:45 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

Get them at prdonline.com . Just got mine the other day.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:22 PM

ya, I got it out with long ass needlenose pliers, lol. the PRDs are awesome though!