Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

From Spain with love!

Old 06-29-2012, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai tiburon 1996
Default From Spain with love!

Hello at all!

I always liked cars, since 2 year old. At 5 year old, as a birthday present, my dad taught me to drive, his 1996 Hyundai Tiburon. It was so great, because all the stuff i had done on the Gran Turismo, was becoming real (well, at 5 yr old i just drive, not racing!).

After a long time of this, about 12 year old, I did what the first time would be a Tôge racing, in my local mountain pass, the Montseny Mountain Pass

After that, my dad took me almost every Friday night in the roads, to perform my driving skills until the head said goodbye.

Now, with 15 year old (16 at November), i'm gonna build a rocket

Plans are to build a 220HP or more from a turbo block (the 4G63T of Mitsubishi (Hyundai engine and Mitsubishi have almost identical blocks), but keeping it N/A pushing hard at 9500rpm, 'cause a powered turbo engine in a FWD it's a bit impossible to drive), a powerful chasis removing all the unnecesary to have it near the 900kgs (1984lb).

And well, i'm gonna share this in VideoBlogging at the most of internet forums, like this, Driftworks..., to make known that there's no age in this world.

So there are some pics of the Tibby:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg15/...pg&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg23/...pg&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg94/...pg&res=landing

As you can see, the car sucks a lot, but he had been with me since i had birth!

And all of the stuffs starts in a week!!

So please, give me a chance!

Respects!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:03 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

youre gonna have a hard hard hard time figuring out how to install the 4g63 if you think they have identical blocks

the motor you have is hyundais first attempt at there own motor its not really mitsu based

hell MOST 4gs have the transmission on the other side, unless you can find a evo 4 setup which would require TONS of fab, wiring, knowledge and most of all money to figure out

not saying its not possible, just saying its not going to be easy
Old 06-29-2012, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Originally Posted by coupeRD
Plans are to build a 220HP or more from a turbo block (the 4G63T of Mitsubishi (Hyundai engine and Mitsubishi have almost identical blocks), but keeping it N/A pushing hard at 9500rpm, 'cause a powered turbo engine in a FWD it's a bit impossible to drive), a powerful chasis removing all the unnecesary to have it near the 900kgs (1984lb).

First off, to the site. Enjoy your stay and feel free to ask any questions you have.

Second....

The Hyundai and Mitsu engines are NOT identical. They're more like very distant cousins to each other. You will spend ALOT more money to put a working 4G63T in your car, than to just get a simple turbo kit and put that into the Hyundai Beta engine. And there's no way you will be able to get a Beta engine or 4G63T to rev to 9500 without a ridiculous amount of money, work, and stand alone tuning to do it. You're talking about raising the rev limit by over 2,000 RPM's. It will be damn near impossible to do that without having more money than you realize.

Bringing the weight down to below 2,000 pounds will also involve not only stripping the interior, A/C, heater cores, and power steering, but you'll also have to get carbon fiber pieces like a hood, hatch (doesnt exist), doors (doesnt exist), and some other parts that you would have to pay to be one off custom parts.

Not saying your dreams and goals are impossible to achieve. I'm just saying the amount of money you would have to spend to do it all is not worth it one bit at all and you could spend your money better elsewhere doing things to the car that are already commercially available.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Grab a newer beta engine with less miles that looks like it's been taken care of, throw a turbo on it, find a tuning solution, and remove some weight through obvious methods (rear seats, spare tire, etc). We have a thread somewhere on weight saving suggestions for the Tiburon.

The car looks good, the engine just looks like it hasn't been taken care of.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:12 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

After 6.5k the mark power on a 4g drops right off, adding another 3k is going to be really pointless endeavor. Just curious, shy of just taking away the rev limiter, how do you plan to keep the power constant and usable up to 9+? I have no doubt that it's swappable, an evo3 or 4 would be a great donor just not sure of the axle length and you'd need a standard lancer trans. Wait, 220 NA? Take off the power adder and on stock compression you'd be hard pressed to mod the motor to run at stock power. Sounds like half of a plan that hasn't really be researched or budgeted. Really pointless too when you've got boosted tibs running 300-400 all day.

Originally Posted by Visionz
Second....
Old 06-29-2012, 09:21 AM

lol just noticed the 220hp NA part

hope you have like 16000 bux to blow

Old 06-29-2012, 09:40 AM

Well :biggrin:

I had writen this, with not very idea. My plans are to run a very lightweight bodyshell with a n/a powered motor.

Do you guys think that the beta2 it's a good engine to run at high revs? Mine plans are to build a motor, keeping OEM the block and the head, other things and parts will be form Tomei and HKS, like the poncams, the rods, ...

In the chasis, only things that i will leave, will be the dash (cutted and lightened) and the door trims. I wiil be running one bucket like the Bride Zeta 3, a full 6 point custom cage and (not from the chasis) a side exit exhaust.

Well, about i didn't had reasearch too much (like you said), koreans with N/A betas run a type of exaust mainfold (for high revs), ITB's with short horns (high revs), side exit exhaust (for fast engine response) and cams with too much degrees (280º) for fast response.

I don't know if the peak will be at 9500rpm or at 8500rpm, or if the car will weight 2000lbs or more, i want the lightest of the tiburons with 200hp or more power, keeping it N/A.

At the exterior, i don't want to run bodykits like veilside or others, i will be running king rear spats and sideskirts, a racing korean front bumper and 15" Work Meisters S2 in Silver or white, with the car in a normal color.

I just want to built the definitive Hyundai Tiburon

Respects!!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:02 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I'm still suspicious how you plan to reduce the weight by over 20% without going full tube chassis.

As for 200 NA, there's a thread here on exactly how to accomplish this and for the cost you could have multiple turbo kits. There's no real reason to stay NA anyway,these days power adders are much more efficient and the beta can be modded for great response on the low end.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Tibbi
I'm still suspicious how you plan to reduce the weight by over 20% without going full tube chassis.

As for 200 NA, there's a thread here on exactly how to accomplish this and for the cost you could have multiple turbo kits. There's no real reason to stay NA anyway,these days power adders are much more efficient and the beta can be modded for great response on the low end.

Look at this!

http://www.civiclife.net/board/topic...-saving-guide/
Old 06-29-2012, 10:26 AM

you realize your car isnt a honda right?