Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Some Problems

Old 11-14-2006, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First
The last like 4 times Iv tried fillin up my gas tank somethings been goin wrong. I put the nozzle in and begin to fill it, but then after a minute it pops (like it does when your tank is full). So then I try it again, pops again and again and again. I have to keep doin this sh*t till i figure my tank is full. Its driving me insane!! any ideas?

Second
I have a pretty nice vibration when Im just sitting at a light or whatever. The steerin wheel shakes. I noticed it today after i put gas in the car and sat there for a minute to let it warm up. Started driving and few minutes later the vibration was gone?

Third
Ive noticed a slight squeeling sound when I turn right. doesnt happen when i turn left (that I can hear anyways) Im not quite sure what this is either

Im in need of an oil change and winter is coming so when I have the system flushed Ill have them check out my brakes and get an alignment (need one since i installed new suspension like month or two ago) I just had a whole new timing belt kit installed a few weeks ago as well.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:08 AM

The gas thing happens to me, but I dont think thats the car. And you own a tiburon, so just learn that your car is a pile, and shit goes wrong with it. If its not one thing its another with the expirience Ive had with these cars. xxxmonoxidechilds car is always f***ed up, mines... a piece of shit, my friend mungers is f***in SLOW!, they just suck.

Hope that gave you some confidence in tire kicking!
Old 11-14-2006, 09:14 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^to me the tib has been a very reliable car, even with the turboing. heck, I drove it to texas and back this summer, up to lake erie, and several smaller trips.

1. no idea, do you always use the same pump at the same station?

2. I had this problem at one point and replacing plugs and wires fixed it. just a general tune up thing I'd think.

3. drivers side wheel bearing.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:31 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pile_of_rd1 @ Nov 14 2006, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hope that gave you some confidence in tire kicking!</div>

umm thanks? lol
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Supercow @ Nov 14 2006, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>1. no idea, do you always use the same pump at the same station?

2. I had this problem at one point and replacing plugs and wires fixed it. just a general tune up thing I'd think.

3. drivers side wheel bearing.</div>
1. nope after the first time it happened i made sure to use a different gas station. Ive used 3 and its happened at all

2. Figured it was prolly just some kind of general maintence or somethin the alignment might fix

3. great...how much is that lol and how long do i have before i HAVE to replace it?
Old 11-14-2006, 09:33 AM

Location: Burlington Iowa, where theres just as many tractors on the road as cars.

Could be that the gas has water in it. Rarely does pump gas have water in it but it does happen, happened to me 2 years ago. Try runing some Heat gas treatment through it.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:36 AM

^^what are the chances of that happenin to me at 3 different gas stations, 4 different times
Old 11-14-2006, 09:40 AM

Ive got the same problem filling up... I have found ONE station (Exxon) that I go to that has ONE pump (#6) that doesn't do this lol. I go there every time and Ill even wait for that pump if theres someone there....even if they're the only one..lol
Old 11-14-2006, 09:59 AM

I think your gas catch screen is prolly gunked up ........ don't fill up at full throttle, try it slow and see if it still happens.

The rough idle before the car is completely warmed up could be the cold idle or the plugs. I don't think the gas and idle are related.

The noise depends ....... if it's a wheel bearing it will get worse, Drive the car at like 55mph and turn slightly each way the noise should get louder when you slightly turn. A wheel bearing going bad are kinda normal with RD models, especially with larger aftermarket wheels. The bearings are cheap, installation is were the cost comes in. A good way to check is to jack up the car and push the wheel in and out, if you feel any play at all it's the bearing.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:04 AM

^^
1. How do I clean it out lol? My dad said that too, fillin it up slower
2. didnt think it was
3. you mean push the wheel towards the engine bay, then try to pull it out? If I replae one, should I just replace both on the front?
Old 11-14-2006, 11:31 AM

^^
1. not really sure, I've never tried.
2. could also be a small vacuum leak or pvc.
3. make sure the wheels are straight, grap the tire push straight in then out, the wheel should not have any play, it should be solid, if it moves then the wheel bearing is going bad. No just replace the one, just because one goes bad does not mean the others will.

I'm not really sure if the bearing is the problem without actually hearing it. Normally, like I said before, when your driving at about 55 and you slightly turn you will hear a wearing sound coming from the wheel. The side the bad bearing is on depends on the which way you turn.

A new bearing will more than likely need to be pressed into place so an at home replacement is not recommended.