Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

So My Windows Leak..

Old 03-28-2010, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I spent a while one here searching for a thread about it. Found one but it didn't help.
Here's the problem: My windows both leak air (annoying at speed) and water at the car wash. I do know about the stops and because of a recently fixed (after 8 months!) regulator failure I know that isn't the issue. My doors seem pretty well aligned and my windows do still move a little bit much for my taste when the doors are open. So my question is.. Does anyone have any ideas on a fix? I'm lost on this.. lol
Old 03-29-2010, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Take the door panel off. At the top near where the window slide down into the door, you should see 2 plastic clips with hair on the end of them pressed against the window. In your case they may be loose. Take a small pry bar, pry that tab next to the window and with your other hand tighten the 10mm nut with a wrench.