Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

So I'm Throwin A P1613 Cel I'm Thinking Ecm

Old 07-19-2006, 08:53 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, recently I rewired my ECM to the original configuration, by removing my SAFC. The car idles much better, and runs better by far. But now I still have this P1613. I've killed two optima batteries by bloating them up to the point they steam out and smell like rotten eggs.

Now I did some research, and it sames most people with this code had bulb issues. So I checked the car, and found two LED buls in the tails, and one of my yellow front turn signals, had a burnt filiment touching the other. I took it out and I still have the damn CEL. Do you think my ECM is done for?
Old 07-21-2006, 03:43 PM

hey you bastards, lol, I dont get this problem I'm having.

Its killed two optima batteries already. Its something about Hi Voltage.

The strangest thing happens though when I drive and it starts overcharging the system. THE FUEL GAUGE GOES FROM HALF FULL TO EMPTY IN ABOUT 2 MINUTES FLAT!!!???

Why would my fuel gauge get screwy from this CEL? And why only after I reconnected the signal wire from the ECU plug? Now the car runs well, but overcharges the hell outta my battery.

I also noticed that lots of people who did the Auto to Manual swap had this CEL. WHAT DO I DO????
Old 07-21-2006, 07:10 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

re you still using the MARINE APPLICATIONS RECOMMENDED Optima Blue Tops because it looks cool?
Old 07-23-2006, 08:36 AM

I swear to God, that's the same thing that EVERYONE and their mom gets hung up on about the blue top. Its a friggin battery. Its blue. Thats it. People also use them in boats. And I've killed a Blue top, a Red top, and I'm currently killing a Yellow top. They all overcharge, they all vent out the important inside goodness out of the steam holes in the corners. SAME FRIGGIN batteries. Dont ever hold off on buying a Blue top cause it says Marine. That just means it has two little studs that stick out of it that you can put wing nuts on, and it'll hook right up to a boat.

My problem is somewhere in the electrical system, but its costing me batteries to try to find out whats up. I'm sooooo against dealerships, but I'm running out of options.