Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Sniper Tuning

Old 01-15-2008, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ericy if youre talking about the tuning setup, I posted the link to their walkthrough tuning. If you call or email them I'm sure they can give you a fast response on the big turbo ?
Old 01-15-2008, 12:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'm not going to shit myself, this isn't anything new. There are hundreds of companies around the world that do OBDII port tuning, and it's possible on ours, the only problem being that we need to crack the algorythm for the seed/key to access it.

Since someo f the folks that already know how to tune these don't want to share the information, we are out of luck.

These guys have done a bunch of mustangs, and are looking for BMW's, I don't see why they'd even look at a Tiburon.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:09 PM

Vehicle: car

Hey Mufifn, they support like 2 GM's that I can see owned.gif. They support Ford Vehicles, and looks like they are looking for Bimmers now.

As for this test box thing, I'd be down to use it. I'm not heavily modded, but I'm a decent modded N/A vehicle and I do some, uhh, spirited driving, so it might be good for them. Who knows, I'll give em a call.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:25 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RED ZMAN @ Jan 15 2008, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not going to shit myself, this isn't anything new. There are hundreds of companies around the world that do OBDII port tuning, and it's possible on ours, the only problem being that we need to crack the algorythm for the seed/key to access it.

Since someo f the folks that already know how to tune these don't want to share the information, we are out of luck.

These guys have done a bunch of mustangs, and are looking for BMW's, I don't see why they'd even look at a Tiburon.</div>

They said they are already reading and writing tiburons. He didn't know if that means GK or RD. He was not a tech. They said development is in the works and they are working on it. They said to call back tomorrow to find out if that includes my year of tiburon. I also let them know that I am very interested and not entirely too concerned about price.

I really want to see this happen.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:19 PM

Ditto about the price.

I sent them an email too.

They should get the message that we want this done.

Even though I'm seriously doubting its for our bodystyle.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:06 PM
DTN

Guys, follow suit. E-mail, call, ask questions.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:51 PM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Jan 15 2008, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>They said they are already reading and writing tiburons. He didn't know if that means GK or RD. He was not a tech. They said development is in the works and they are working on it. They said to call back tomorrow to find out if that includes my year of tiburon. I also let them know that I am very interested and not entirely too concerned about price.

I really want to see this happen.</div>
that kicks ass looking foward to an update!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlizagaXx @ Jan 15 2008, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hey Mufifn, they support like 2 GM's that I can see owned.gif. They support Ford Vehicles, and looks like they are looking for Bimmers now.

As for this test box thing, I'd be down to use it. I'm not heavily modded, but I'm a decent modded N/A vehicle and I do some, uhh, spirited driving, so it might be good for them. Who knows, I'll give em a call.</div>
i meant i only saw gm cars on the site, not that they have worked on EVERY GM CAR EVER
now that ive looked at their forums there i know otherwise...
Old 01-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Banned

im betting what they are doing is being developed for the GK, more specifically, the v6..

it would make no sense to start development on a 7 year old model of a car, when there are a TON more people (people=profit) in the GK community that would be buying this.

theres maybe 10-15, MAYBE 20 people on here that would buy this (thats a strong MAYBE)

theres probably 5 times that amount or more that would buy it on newtiburon.com alone, and a TON on ebay or other sites.. the GK community is MUCH, MUCH larger than ours.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:08 PM
DTN

I called again and they said they are "looking for some cars and ECUs to test". Again I called too late and the techs left already.