Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Should I?

Old 07-10-2007, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just wondering if I should just call up the local Performance Shop and get a price on a custom made exhaust since it doesnt look like I'll be getting the money from the catback which is what I was going to spend that money on.

So, I guess just go ahead and buy the muffler tip and have it custom made? He's supposed to do really good work for a really reasonable price. I think he's done a couple of Tibs who live over in Oklahoma actually. Also, I need to know which is better. Over or Under Axle...I'm afraid that if I go under axle and since Northwest Arkansas is far from a flat surface, The axle may come in contact with the piping and bend it, or it may scrape from time to time.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I love your sig man, I wish someone would make me a new one.

As for exhausts...

1. Check the phantom HP thread, they posted yesterday. Also, I have a WHOLE bunch of new info on them I'll be posting this week.

2. I've got a place locally that will do a one piece, cat back, under the axel, 2.5inch Press Bent (Goes down to about 2.25 at the bends, looks amazing though), with a resonator, Magnaflow Muffler (some new special one made specifically for 4 Cyl Imports, it's black), and a chrome tip of your choice, for $400 even.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:41 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i personally would go over axel-... i'm lowered and even when i was stock i still managed to scrape some overgrown speed bumps, and florida is flatter than the olsen twins' chest (before they were famous).

in addition i've heard that the performance gain was minimal compared to over/under axel.

it's your money and your car-... but that's my 2 cents, spend it wisely.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:55 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

^^^

maybe its cause the way you drive...

personally im lowered with eibach springs and i never have hit my exhaust and it is under the axle...

Go with under axle it has less bends then the over the axle
Old 07-10-2007, 09:35 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Jul 10 2007, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I love your sig man, I wish someone would make me a new one.

As for exhausts...

1. Check the phantom HP thread, they posted yesterday. Also, I have a WHOLE bunch of new info on them I'll be posting this week.

2. I've got a place locally that will do a one piece, cat back, under the axel, 2.5inch Press Bent (Goes down to about 2.25 at the bends, looks amazing though), with a resonator, Magnaflow Muffler (some new special one made specifically for 4 Cyl Imports, it's black), and a chrome tip of your choice, for $400 even.</div>

I just wish my car looked that good in person. lol

I'll wait 'til you post before I take any action.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:37 PM

well maybe i exagerated it more than reality-... i've scraped once doing like 5mph on a massive speed bump at stock height.

but i just don't want anything to scrape bend or yank on my exhaust. that piping isn't exactly the thickest stuff in the world.

i mean stuff happens, and you don't always have enough time to stop. just something to consider.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:09 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (01steve @ Jul 10 2007, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>florida is flatter than the olsen twins' chest (before they were famous).</div>

They have been famous since before they were a year old.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:53 AM

^my point exactly!

i wonder what news redz has-.... new exhausts???