Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Is this short shifter worth buying?

Old 11-14-2004, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: Is this short shifter worth buying?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (col96fx)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majiktib)</div><div class='quotemain'>I wouldn't recommend buying a Short Shifter if you have an automatic. Just my 2 cents.</div>
WTF :?: :?: :?:
He doesn't have an auto :?</div>you missed the point of my post. It was a joke
Old 11-14-2004, 11:16 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650
Default Re: my video *56K warning*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majiktib)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (col96fx)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (majiktib)</div><div class='quotemain'>I wouldn't recommend buying a Short Shifter if you have an automatic. Just my 2 cents.</div>
WTF :?: :?: :?:
He doesn't have an auto :?</div>you missed the point of my post. It was a joke</div>
I quess it was a little obscure for me :roll:
Old 11-21-2004, 09:35 PM

Default Re: AEM Bypass Valve: Sound vs. Integrity

Still having shifting issues unfortunately.

The shifter hits the edge of the surround when shifting to first (I think I read a thread on how to fix that a while back, will have to search for it), 1st, 2nd, 5th and reverse still look like 2nd and 3rd/neutralish, and the shifter doesn't spring back from the 1st/2nd direction to neutral like it should. The cable itself doesn't recenter itself. I'm frustrated, and paying a mechanic to try and fix these problems. Unfortunately, in my experience I know more about these sorts of problems than mechanics do, since I research the issue online.

I'm not hopeful...

Edit: Found that thread on how to adjust the shifter if it hits the surround. It's not exceedingly clear, but I think I can figure it out. http://www.rdtiburon.com/old/index.php?nam...iewtopic&t=1789
Old 11-21-2004, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Spare Tire?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fonseca)</div><div class='quotemain'>Still having shifting issues unfortunately.

The shifter hits the edge of the surround when shifting to first (I think I read a thread on how to fix that a while back, will have to search for it), 1st, 2nd, 5th and reverse still look like 2nd and 3rd/neutralish, and the shifter doesn't spring back from the 1st/2nd direction to neutral like it should. The cable itself doesn't recenter itself. I'm frustrated, and paying a mechanic to try and fix these problems. Unfortunately, in my experience I know more about these sorts of problems than mechanics do, since I research the issue online.

I'm not hopeful...

Edit: Found that thread on how to adjust the shifter if it hits the surround. It's not exceedingly clear, but I think I can figure it out. http://www.rdtiburon.com/old/index.php?nam...iewtopic&t=1789</div>
did you install the return spring back on? are you sure you assembled everything right?
Old 11-21-2004, 11:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Wide Body Fenders

1. Did you read my response about not shifting like a anal manic offered a spot in a cornholing video?

2. The return spring isn't set right, if it's not coming back to center. Make sure you installed it via the pics I posted.

3. That's a LOT of problems from one little install mang. Double then TRIPLE check everything. Sounds like you forgot the OEM Bushings.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:04 AM

Default Re: www.arkspeedracing.com - ARK PERFORMANCE

I should have been more clear, sorry. I was on margarita number three when i made that post. 8)

It's not the shifter that doesn't return, but the leftmost cable, the one that the control arm...controls. That cable has 3 positions: center for netural, 3rd and 4th, "in" for 1st and 2nd, and "out" for 5th and reverse. When I push the shifter left it goes in, but when the shifter returns to neutral, the cable doesn't reset itself to the middle position. I don't know if that's clear or not. The shifter does like it's supposed to, but the cable doesn't. I could always post a small vid I guess. Pushing the shifter right to 5th/reverse does not have that problem though. Who knows, maybe all I need is to play with the barrel adjusters a little, or slap some grease on the cable where it enters the housing.

The shifter is installed 100% correctly. The reason it popped out of the bushing and control arm last week turned out to be the cotter pin under the control arm bolt: you know the bolt directly under the spring assembly? It's held in place by a little pin underneath the baseplate. That pin had bent I guess, allowing too much slop. I bent it back up for now, but I'm going to replace it with something sturdier soon, or maybe slip a washer in there.

As for the contact when slifting to 1st and 2nd, I think that thread on the old forums has the answer.

It is a nice shifter. Suprisingly I even like the knob, my Momo knob will not be used.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Strut Bar (Front)

Hope you get all the issues worked out.

I love that shift knob, and you canchange the O Rings for different colors.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:44 AM

Default Re: A Soldier Story - Must Read!

why cant you shift like crazy?
Old 11-22-2004, 09:19 AM

Default Re: K&N Oil Filter Part# for Beta 2.0L??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fonseca)</div><div class='quotemain'>The shifter hits the edge of the surround when shifting to first (I think I read a thread on how to fix that a while back, will have to search for it)</div>

Duh.

You shouldn't have to "Shift Like Crazy" into 1st anyways.

Ever.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Wide Body Fenders

I don't shift like crazy. The entire shift pattern is just too far to the left now. The shifter hitting the surround doesn't interfere with engagement, it's simply annoying.