Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

short shifter

Old 08-06-2004, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Custom Short Shifter.

i was wondering, what are all the advantages to getting a short shifter, i know a few and am considering getting one, but i would like to know what all the adv all b4 getting it.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:53 PM

Default Re: SR Whiteface Guages

With a short shifter, you get smoother, positive shifts, reducing your chances of mis-shifting. It also gives you leverage and the shifting motion itself is greatly reduced. It is also possible to lower quartermile times as you will reduce the time it takes to shift. I've had a couple of shifters in my other cars and they're worth buying.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: OBX mufflers

Yup, he hit themright on the money. I used to have the B&M, comes with a nice knob but doesn't shift super smooth, still better than stock. It also sits too high. Now I sold that and go tthe Rside Advanced, and let me tell you what, it's the best one out there, PERIOD. Adjustable height, a perfect shift knob, very smooth shifts.
Old 08-07-2004, 05:29 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Oil LIne

yeah, i heard the rside was good, but im looking at one of the six being made in australia by one of the site's members....but i like the sound of being the owner of a shifter that only 7 ppl have :-D, but thx for the info!
Old 08-09-2004, 08:07 PM

Vehicle: Hyosung GT650
Default Re: alpine turbo problems

The one that I'm making is a similar design to the others and works well.
I think the height is about the same as the r-side at its lowest (going from the pics) and is approx 38mm/1.5inches lower than OEM.
My Avitar shows the full travel of the shifter eg. 1st->2nd gear, and the movement is smooth.