Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Shaved Handles/no Inspection

Old 04-01-2007, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tib

Dammit!! Got a picky bro inlaw mechanic ,went to do inspection , Got out damn inspection book,then called the provincial inspection officer,and he said"shaved handles ,do not pass!",They (council)is having a meeting on monday concerning this very issue,many many comlpaints about this from public!! will find out legal outcome on monday. Dammit dammit! dammit
Old 04-01-2007, 05:58 AM

oops.. that sucks. Guess you need to keep two sets of door around for when it comes time to inspect?
Old 04-01-2007, 08:24 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

buy a couple of alarm FOBs, and fabricate something that you can stick on with 3M tape. when you open the door, it pushes the activate button.

make it look funky and fugly and huge. IT dosn't matter, don't even paint it. Make it from a couple of pieces of old steel. it just has to push a button and stop before it damages the fob.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:16 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

WTF? complaints from public?

You will be using your car and not public!
Old 04-03-2007, 02:07 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Dmitry you got it the other way round.

The complaints from the public are from the people with the shaved handles that are petitioning to rescind the law
Old 04-03-2007, 02:14 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

or you could just move to places like ohio and michigan where they dont inspect at all. its legal to have and USE Nitrius(spelling) in michigan, hell i know 2 or 3 people who have those flame kits on their tailpipe and they even throw flames in traffic. i guess inspections are all in where you live.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:25 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ No, it's where your car is registered... Montana has no emissions control laws. Every year they send me a new license plate sticker, no questions asked. I pay my $20 in fees (because I'm military and do not even use the roads) and they send me the renewal.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:09 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Alex01tib, oh, got it.

thanx
Old 04-04-2007, 09:07 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Apr 3 2007, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^^ No, it's where your car is registered... Montana has no emissions control laws. Every year they send me a new license plate sticker, no questions asked. I pay my $20 in fees (because I'm military and do not even use the roads) and they send me the renewal.</div>

true but i bet if u get caught there with aftermarket exhaust or bottles or things of that nature the police wouldnt be to happy and i bet you would get a good size fine or they might take the whole car.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:48 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

I DO know of an inspector who likes to fight this law,he said whe will pass my car., He has taken this issue to court before and won,most people round here just pay the ticket...I just dont need the cops giving me tickets all the time,All they gotta do is get me once,then they all know round here,only lambo orange car round here that I know of?..Just dont need the hassle!1. I am gonna try and install some flush mount handles or mould some in flush,dont need keyholes,..seen carbon fibre eclipse handles on ebay,,but tryin to keep things as flush as possible, car in shop ready for work,anyone got any handle ideas for me???(smaller and flusher the better) thanks
ps this is what the police do round here to vehicles that stick out
" I have a 1931 ford pickup that I was driving to an auto show and from glace bay - antigonish I got pulled over about 25 times I got 4 tickets for not wearing a seatbelt ..... when i went to court for it I thought the charges had to get thrown out since ford did not offer the seatbelt as an option until 1961 .... according to the books that I have read if you but a part on an antique that was not even an option the vehical looses its antique Status.... the judge tod me to "stop complaining because you should of had the sence to Install a seatbelt to be safe and the truck being safey always trumps the truck being an antique" with a bright orange car,I'm a sitting duck for no door handle tickets!