Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Service Recall

Old 02-25-2005, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xxxmonoxidechild)</div><div class='quotemain'>well heres the update, dropped off the car at 9 like i was told too. at 3, thay call me, tell me that theres no crack, so there not fixing it, this is when i get vocal with choice words asking him how retarded his mechanics are that they cant see a crack on the very top of the manifold. he told me that i must have been mistakin. ( mani has been cracked for almost 2 years now, u can seriousely see into the inside)
so i drive to the hyundai dealer, make them pull my car back into the bay, pop the hood, use the mechanic's tools, pull the heat shield off, and show them the crack. there excuse, 'we didnt look there, its usually cracked somewhere else.'

well then they said they would fix it, so im back at work pretty pissed, ring ring, phone rings again, hyundai calling, this cant be good. he tells me that if they replace my manifold, that there going to have to charge me to get it to line up with my exhaust. now my exhuast is stock, and ive never touched it since the day i bought the damn car in 2001. so i go pick up my car, call the corporate hyundai office, have a nice chat with a helpful young man, and im supposed to get a call today from the rock river hyundai to make an apointment, we shall see how that goes. im seriousely getting tired of these jokes that hyundai calls warentees....</div>

THat's a joke! mad.gif
Time to look for another dealership!
One that's more competent than that! Seriously looks bad on the company mad.gif
Old 02-25-2005, 08:31 AM

Vehicle: 99 Tibron

i took mine in yesterday and sat for hour for them to tell me yep its cracked we will have to order one, be in next week, they also did the dclip whatever that is?? its all cool while i was waiting i went out to the lot and test drove the srt-4(Dayum!)
Old 02-25-2005, 09:23 AM

Some places are good, some places are absolutely terrible. If you ever get a chance, don't even bother stopping by Rally Hyundai in the Palmdale Auto Mall... that's the absolute worst place you can bring you car. They are slow, they do shotty work, they rip you off on your warranties (fix parts instead of replacing them once they have already ordered and recieved the new replacement part under warranty.) I've had the worst service ever there.

But on a really good side note. I found a new dealership to take good care of my car.... Cerrito Hyundai. It's less than 5 minutes from my new apartment and guess who works there? AJ!!!!!! (HyundaiFixer) I'm so happy. Now I know when I need things done to my car I can at least have one of the best guys in the business taking care of it. laugh.gif In fact next week, he'll be putting in my new Clutchnet Stage III Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel. smile.gif
Old 02-25-2005, 12:01 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (raehtz10)</div><div class='quotemain'>How many miles do you have on your tib?</div>
i believe around 52k, doesnt really matter when its a TSB though. i still havent gotten my call from hyundai yet, but im in a good mood, so hopefully i wont lose it on the manager again.