Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Service Recall

Old 02-15-2005, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends on when your 2001 was made. The earlier 2001's had the issue, but the later 2001's did not. I have a later built 2001 tibby, and they would not replace my belt loops. (Althought it seems like the belts do stick sometimes.) But just calling your dealership, or going in and having them check the VIN on your car for recalls is free. So by all means, give them a call.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:20 AM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

Sweet my belts stick like no other i will tell them tomorrow when they replace my exhaust manifold thx for the heads up
Old 02-15-2005, 09:29 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alex01tib)</div><div class='quotemain'>yah just take it in there and theyll take care of it.. make an appointment first tho... tell them you got the recall paper and you want them to take a look at it..thats good that they are recalling them.. mine stick constantly

OH BTW see if you can get your headers looked at too cuz they have a recall on those</div>

I actually had the headers and the whole assembly repaired a long time ago because they had a leak. The government covered it under some federal emissions warranty.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:23 AM

I had my exhaust manifold replaced also because of a nice crack that had developed.... intersting how much they charge for it... the manifold was $1,300 bux, and labor another 400 dollars. It was all covered by warranty, but damn, for that much money to replace a stock exhaust manifold.... turbo baby... turbo.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:35 AM

where do u guys get a record of the recalls? or any documentation i need.

and the exhaust manifold is that for all tibs?...in my case a 2000.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:40 AM

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems...ecallsearch.cfm

Enjoy
Old 02-15-2005, 04:34 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

take your crash panel off and you can find what year/month your tib was "born" in.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:52 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019)</div><div class='quotemain'>take your crash panel off and you can find what year/month your tib was "born" in.</div>

or just look on the passenger side column, it gives all info there, also if u know how to decode the VIN number u can look at that it gives all information there.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:55 AM

well heres the update, dropped off the car at 9 like i was told too. at 3, thay call me, tell me that theres no crack, so there not fixing it, this is when i get vocal with choice words asking him how retarded his mechanics are that they cant see a crack on the very top of the manifold. he told me that i must have been mistakin. ( mani has been cracked for almost 2 years now, u can seriousely see into the inside)
so i drive to the hyundai dealer, make them pull my car back into the bay, pop the hood, use the mechanic's tools, pull the heat shield off, and show them the crack. there excuse, 'we didnt look there, its usually cracked somewhere else.'

well then they said they would fix it, so im back at work pretty pissed, ring ring, phone rings again, hyundai calling, this cant be good. he tells me that if they replace my manifold, that there going to have to charge me to get it to line up with my exhaust. now my exhuast is stock, and ive never touched it since the day i bought the damn car in 2001. so i go pick up my car, call the corporate hyundai office, have a nice chat with a helpful young man, and im supposed to get a call today from the rock river hyundai to make an apointment, we shall see how that goes. im seriousely getting tired of these jokes that hyundai calls warentees....
Old 02-25-2005, 08:10 AM

How many miles do you have on your tib? I think I had the same thing, and they replaced the whole shebang under a federal emissions warranty that covers the car to 80,000 miles.