Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Seat Brackets

Old 06-28-2004, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone know where i can get some after market seat brackets for our cars? or do we not need them for after market seats. i cant find any cept on ebay and they say "universal". which usually mean "fits any Honda/Acura"........
Old 06-28-2004, 07:20 PM

Well you will most certainly need new ones. The universal seats on Ebay do not fit our cars. I have no idea how to install my seats because it seems I have the same problem as you.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:53 PM

you will have to make some brackets for your new seats. I had to make some for my racing seats. It took me a whole day to get my seats installed. it takes a lot of guess work and some patience fitting them.
I went to Home Depot and bought some steel.

1/8" thick
2" wide
36" long
2 pieces like that.

I cut them to: 2 - 17" long and 2 - 16" long pieces
I bent them so that they fit to the holes in the floor boards. I bought a drill press for 50$ and drilled holes in the steel, to bolt to the floor,
then placed the seat on the steel and figured out where to drill the 4 holes to mount the new seat.
It is a little tricky and frustrating Work on the passenger side first, take your time and what ever mistakes you make on that side you will learn and do it right on the drivers side. I installed harnesses at a later date, they are another story (if you don't need them, don't get them) they are a PITA.

It was worth buying a drill press for $50 cdn.
Handheld grinder $35 cdn.
Steel $15.
Bolts $5.

hope this helps. i will try and post some pics of what i did later.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:58 PM

I took my car to a shop just today in Hagerstown, MD. They wanted $200 dollars and THREE WEEKS to do it! Crazy.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:33 PM

Default power wire??

$200 isn't bad for a shop to install them, but the 2 week wait is crap.

I spent around 100$ for everything, including drill bits, drill press, grinder, spray paint, bolts. etc. and 8 hrs of my time
Old 06-28-2004, 08:35 PM

My Dad and I took out both the seats with no problem. It was getting the other ones in that sucked, so I thought $200 was a little high.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:52 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I just did mine this week. Actually the last two weeks. I tried the method with steel strap that was 3" wide. Problem was I bought sliders with the seats, even they had to be modified to fit them to the seats, so after they were bolted on they could not sit flat because of the bolts holding down the steel strap. So I had to buy some 1"x2" steel tube, then I made my life a living nightmare for 3 straight days in direct southern cali sunlight working in the back of my buddies shop. Lots of cutting, drilling, and if you use a drill press, lots of oil to lube the bit and TONS TONS TONS of stupid metal shavings in your skin/clothes by the time your done. Wash your hands raw so you dont get oil or grease on your new seats.

Let me say though, it was one of the best mods I've done to the car, and that kinda means something. With a 4 point harness installed, ^^^ which I though was horribly easy to install??? Oh well, its nice to be strapped in there the right way cause I have no airbags what so ever. If you need some help, just let me know, email me and I'll send you a list of sh!t to buy/do in order to get those seats in.

If you dont want the luxury of sliders, which I totally recommend buying, then the install will be much easier, but not as fruit bareing once you are done with all the hard work.

Old 07-01-2004, 09:20 AM

Blacktibs, I hate you and your car. It's so much better than mine! Lol. Seriously, you have a fantastic car.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

awesome... pure awesomeness... awesomely pure...

I love your car... inside and out... engine and trunk....
Old 07-01-2004, 09:57 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Hmm...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Wed Jun 30 17:23:01 2004
Blacktibshaloz: but I'm not posting any pics on the forums for a while</div>

LOL

Man, your car is still lookin soooooooooooooo good.