Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Safc 2 Help Needed

Old 04-08-2005, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I checked all my wiring and it is good

I checked all my fuses and they are all good

I think my problem is a lack of fuel getting to engine....Is there a fuse for the fuel pump?

I may have a bad fuel pump ....just strange that it would have issuse when i go to do my safc or could i have some how caused this problem with safc settings?
Old 04-08-2005, 02:35 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

The SAFC II manual say to set all values at zero first and then tune them as the car is starting. If you set them to the numbers you found on here maybe you are running too lean on start up. That might be why, I'm not sure really.

Have you checked webtech yet?
Old 04-08-2005, 02:39 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

^^^ yes there is a fuse for a fuel pump

probably you can't damage a pump by installing SAFC, although it could be a coincident.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:48 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dmitry @ Apr 8 2005, 08:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>^^^ yes there is a fuse for a fuel pump

probably you can't damage a pump by installing SAFC, although it could be a coincident.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

I have checked webtech , but could not find the location of the fuel pump fuse.

I did not tune the sacf yet just setup the initial settings you do before you start the car.

normally when i turn on my ignition you can hear the fuel pump click on and I no longer am getting that which is leading me to think that is the problem.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:03 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (greatlakestib @ Apr 8 2005, 11:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>normally when i turn on my ignition you can hear the fuel pump click on and I no longer am getting that which is leading me to think that is the problem.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>
Click sound is made by a relay. It's ok when it clicks only once when you turn ignition on. Fuel pumb produces something like a buzz sound. On some cars you can hear it, on other can't. On my Tib I can't hear my fuel pump working.