Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Safc 2 Help Needed

Old 04-07-2005, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

***** Problem fixed.....was a bad fuse.....******

thanks for the help guys

I recently installed a safc2 into my 2001 tiburon. The problem I am having is that my car will not start....it turns over, it just wont start. I followed instructions posted here as to which pins to hook which wires to and ran the safc setup and everything seams fine untill i go to start the car. any ideas as to what may have caused this ? it ran perfect before i install the safc. I tried to search the forums but did not come up with anything usefull.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:49 PM

You better check the wires and check again, maybe some wire is connected where its not supposed to..

or maybe some wire is loose.

the settings are right?
Old 04-07-2005, 10:04 PM

Does SAFC itself work?
Old 04-08-2005, 07:04 AM

Try disconnecting the SAFC to see if the car will start without it. Before you do that, make sure the harness is connected properly on the ECU.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:16 AM

Yes the safc does work....it turns on and lets me adjust the settings.....I set the settings to what I found on this site. I will recheck my wireing again today but I am pretty sure it is correct. everything else on the cars works it just wont start so I dont think anything is loose.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:52 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Does your starter turning?

Check ECU fuse.

Check is there fuel in tank... (sounds funny, but I saw once - two guys tied a car to the shop, car didn't start, they spend there 1 hour, until one mechanic fill in a bit of fuel)
Old 04-08-2005, 08:21 AM

If it was working fine before, then it's probably something simple like bad wiring, a blown fuse or the ECU connector not properly seated. I would test it in that order: check fuses, disconnect the SAFC harness, triple check that the ECU connector is properly seated (by removing it and plugging it in again).
Old 04-08-2005, 08:22 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dmitry @ Apr 8 2005, 01:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Does your starter turning?

Check ECU fuse.

Check is there fuel in tank... (sounds funny, but I saw once - two guys tied a car to the shop, car didn't start, they spend there 1 hour, until one mechanic fill in a bit of fuel)
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Full tank of gas.

I will check my fuses but I dont think that is it since everything in the car is working and I had the battery disconnected during the install.

the starter is trying to start the car it just wont start?

sounds strange....I was wondering if somehow I connected the wires wrong or in reverse?

Or if some setting on the safc is set wrong
Old 04-08-2005, 08:44 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Have you checked my post on "tuning your safc" ???? From what I read it should start with all settings at 0.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:24 AM

check for a spark, and then check fuses. Also make sure you S-AFC is set up properly, then get back with the findings and we can go from there smile.gif