Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

?'s About A Conversion

Old 12-12-2005, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

If you're actually thinking about doing this, you should do some research into a company that I think was/is in California. They built Monster Miatas with 5.0 litre Ford V8's stuffed into them. Might give you some ideas what is involved. Of course it's not quite as complex because you are starting off with a RWD vehicle.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:44 PM

well i am going with a 9" now because i have found one locally, already chopped down to fit...

it will fit in the engine bay of the tib with evertything out of the way. the only thing that worries me is the trans.. and a buddy of mine here has a miata with a 347 stroker in it and he is using the stock rear end.

if i have to i will tube the car. other than that i was only asking if it had been done.

plus i like challenges, hell i built my truck from scratch, so what the hell might as well build the car now...
Old 12-12-2005, 05:14 PM

good idea on changing the miata rear.. from everything I have heard, that diff is the weak spot once you start modifying a Miata.

Personally, I am all for your project. If I was not already deep into modifying a fiat, I would be all over this.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:25 PM

yeah i hear ya. i just want something different. 4g63 has been done, and so has the all-wheel-drive. so i just want something to play with during the winter. hopefully i will have it done in a few months. i will keep ya posted....
Old 12-13-2005, 03:30 PM

Vehicle: 2000 carbon tiburon

Anything with any car can be done it only takes money... Number one if you do decide to do this swap stiffen the hell out of the frame for the torque roll and i would also cage the car.. Everything else will just take time and math... calculate everything out and take your time.

Good luck