Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Running Light

Old 05-16-2005, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltraTibby @ May 16 2005, 09:18 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I actually looked over the fuse box this weekend looking at the fog light relay area. After looking over ti I found that if your car did not come with fog lights stock then you dont have the relay or the wiring for the relay to connect to. I would assume it is the same for the DRL.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Maybe on the RD2s.. my 99 did not come with factory fogs. All I needed to do was to buy a set of Hellas and the stock switch and install. The wiring and relay were sitting there waiting.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:20 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

That's cool, I was always under the assuption that Hyundai gave you the tools but not the hardware.

As for the DRL's (Daytime Running Lights for those of you like me who had to figure it out :unsure: ) I like them, they look kinda cool at dusk/dawn. And I agree with Mad-Machine hprockets, you can't have HID's for the highbeams.

Just buy the kit for your headlights. The HID kits take a second to charge and pretty much everywhere requires that you have a quick on/quick off for highbeams to warn other drivers you are passing. (I think that is straight out of Mad-Machine's mouth) Plus other reasons I'm sure, I use mine to let transport truck know that it's safe to move over into a lane, I also use it to warn other drivers about Police sitting under overpasses. I do a lot of highway driving as you can see.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:28 PM

Those of you with RD2s... perhaps wiring the position light in the bumper into the DRL like GM does with their new cars today? Stick a bright amber light in there and you are set to go.