Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Running Just Fog Lights

Old 01-09-2009, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

i've been trying to figure this out. i hope you guys can figure it, hopefully one of you guys can help me on wiring my daytime running lights.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

As in, disabling the DRL's?
Old 01-09-2009, 11:19 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

as in hooking them up, i have the korean spec headlights, i want them on but i'm not a wire whize.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Ok, big update here peeps. I just spent about an hour out in my car testing all kinds of stuff with a multimeter, and a spare wire. No success. Here's what I found:

Looking at the switch, the connector is this:

G/B --- --- Y
G/W Bk P Bl

That's Green/black on the top left, yellow on the top right. The bottom four are Green/white, black, pink and blue. No purple!!

Black is constantly chassis ground.
There is no continuity through the foglight switch when it is off (as expected). When you punch the switch, it connects the yellow and pink wires.

Now for the power, we used a multimeter to see what the power was on each wire while turning on the lights. Normally the foglights only come on when the headlights are on.
Power, no parking lights, no headlights:
Yellow = 12V
Pink = 12V
Green/black = 0V

Power, parking lights, no headlights:
Yellow = 12V
Pink = 12V
Green/black = 12V

Power, parking lights, and headlights:
Yellow = 12V
Pink = 0V (had about a 55ohm resistance going to chassis, so it's not completely grounded here)
Green/black = 12V

So when the foglights normally come on, it's connecting the pink and yellow, when yellow is 12V and pink is 0V. Somehow the car turns the pink to a type of a ground (0V) and gives it power.

Then I tried connecting various wires to try to get the fogs to come on with either power or parking lights (not with headlights as that's what it already does) I can't get them to come on with any permutation of connections (connecting pink and black, yellow and black, green/black and black, etc etc) and light power (power, parking lights), only when my headlights are on does it work normally. So this kinda busts the idea that you can simply ground out a wire and have it work. I didn't try every permutation of connecting wires as I didn't want to blow something, but if anyone else has any sort of idea, holler and I'll try it, my car is still apart!
Old 01-11-2009, 12:59 PM

Strike Eagle,
If the pink wire has power whenever the headlights are off, why not constanly ground that wire? That why it'll have the 0V like when the headlights are on.
Just a thought.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Tried that, and it was really weird... The foglights were always on and unresponsive to the switch. However, the switch (foglight switch) then controlled the headlights! Yeah, the headlights! When my parking lights were on and I punched the switch, the headlights came on, foglights stayed on, then when I turned my headlight switch from parking to heads, nothing new happened, since they were already on.
I have one last thing I want to try tomorrow, will let you know.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:17 PM

Hmmm. That is weird.
I just pulled the headlight relay to see how it would be at night driving with just fogs, not too bad.

I know this is way off topic, but are the HID kits from ddmtuning capible with RD2's? Would they install exactly or very close to the meccatune install DIY on here? http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=23103&hl=

I'm looking at them because of price and customer reviews. I don't want to pay SFR 199$ for an HID kit if DDM's works the same.
Thanks for shining light on that.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yes as long as you get the H7 (our bulb type) and it should be the same as that DIY you listed.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:33 PM

Alrightly. I know whats gonna be at my door next week haha.
I think a night set of HID's, tinted tails, and next time i need rubber new rims. Then I'll be done exterior.
I'm still wanting this catback- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tiburon-Ela...A1%7C240%3A1318
But have no idea how loud it is or is it even worth it? My muffler now is pretty quiet, not anything like those rice cans. Sounds close to stock, but straight through design. If i get that exhaust, everything I listest up there must wait.
What are yalls opinions? HID's or Exhaust?
Old 01-11-2009, 08:51 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

this cat back is loud like hell....