Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Rside Bbtb Install

Old 02-08-2006, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm about to install my BBTB, and I just had a question. The bypass operation we use, with the coolant, it says it may cause the TB to freeze in cold areas. I live in Norway, and it's kinda cold sometimes. Anyone who live in cold areas that have done this? Do you have a problem? Or does it work as it should? I'm a bit sceptic.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:12 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

well considering the r-side doesn't have coolant nipples, you HAVE to do the bypass or you will have antifreeze/coolant splashing all over the place under your throttle body. wink1.gif

But, I lived in Washington (NW corner of the US) where in the winters in snowed and got below freezing levels quite often with no problems. Never been to Norway, but you should be okay...
Old 02-08-2006, 02:31 PM

I'm about to install the same TB (belonged to Patreezy) and was wondering the same thing. Do you know which size tubing to buy for the Bypass?
Old 02-08-2006, 02:33 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy @ Feb 8 2006, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>well considering the r-side doesn't have coolant nipples, you HAVE to do the bypass or you will have antifreeze/coolant splashing all over the place under your throttle body. wink1.gif</div>

I knew that, the real question was if I could use a bbtb at all, since I have to do it smile.gif
It's an average -4 through the all winter. I guess I can do it then, I use the car alot, and it will never stand still for long periods of time. Worst case ill have to heat it with a blowdryer before I can drive I guess!
Old 02-08-2006, 02:34 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Screwdriver @ Feb 8 2006, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm about to install the same TB (belonged to Patreezy) and was wondering the same thing. Do you know which size tubing to buy for the Bypass?</div>
wtf you talkin about man?
You use the stock tubes, connect them together. No aftermarket TB has coolant nipples, so this is your only option anyway.

I used a bbtb last winter and never had any real problems, you'll be aight.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:58 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Screwdriver, you don't need to buy ANYTHING to do this mod. You actually save weight (lmao.gif ...).

What you do is remove the old TB. Before installing new r-side, use the room availabel to you to remove one of the coolant lines completely (that would have gone tooneof the stock TB coolant nipples). Remove it completely. Do what you wish with it. And take the other coolant hose (still on the supply line) and turn it like a U so it connect onto the supply line with the removed coolant hose. Place the clamps over the supply line and voila, no more coolant to go to the throttle body.

wink1.gif
Old 02-08-2006, 03:20 PM

duh.gif Dunno why I didn't think of that.

Thanks guys.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

warm your car up a bit before driving, which you should really do anyway if its super cold outside. the heat from the engine bay should help things, plus it will be nice and warm in your car when you get in wink1.gif