Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

RPM Drop problem

Old 11-18-2004, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon
Default Re: RD2 body kit

I posted this on hp.com, and got no input at all..and its been there for probably 2 weeks. those kids call themselves tuners tongue.gif

Anyways
Okay heres the problem im having

If I idle in neutral with the car on and I tap on the gas just a slight to raise the rpm from 900 to 1200 when the rpm drops back down it goes all the way to 500 rpm and my wheel vibrates and my console dims then the rpm goes back to 900.

Any input on what the problem may be could help me out

EDIT : only tibby01 actually inputed something useful but heres from here tongue.gif
Old 11-18-2004, 09:28 AM

Default HKS SSQV BOV

but otherwise its idling normally? when was the last time you have done a tune up? changed plugs etc...

it could be something as that, because i doubt its a fuel delivery issue so id say it has something to do with the ignition system, that or you may have a sensor going bad, i know i had an issues with a CAS in my elantra that was causing that, do you have a CEL?
Old 11-18-2004, 09:42 AM

Default Re: 1997-2001 Tiburon Gull Wing Doors

Ok.. first, RESET THE ECU..... My car has the same problem when it came out from the mechanic, I reset the ECU and has no more problem with that at the moment....

Second... Check the 2 air lines that came from the CAI to the Intake Manifold, maybe are a little obstructed (Sticky oil from the engine)

Third... Check the Throthle possition sensor.....

Any more ideas of the problems??????
Old 11-18-2004, 09:49 AM

Default Re: injectors...

my Tib used to do the same thing, just do what TiburonWao said, and recet your ECU, mine started doing it everytime i burped the throttle after i put my CAI on.. it went away after i reset , and Did hte DIY for the ECU. It runs great now.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:05 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon
Default Probably NSFW

Thx for the reply's
I just got NGK sparks and wires
im going to pop em in sometime this week
ill reset my ECU ill check my throttle spring and sensor
Old 11-18-2004, 10:11 AM

Default Re: RPM Drop problem

RD > HP.. remember that smile.gif
Old 11-18-2004, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Probably NSFW

My car has always done that, I thought it was normal 8O I barely tap the gas (very quick, not enough time for the engine to rev up at all), rpm's will drop for a sec, then come back up.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:49 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6
Default Re: Weight reduction info!

My Tib does the same thing. It has gotten progressively worse over time and does affect the driveability of the car. I've often wondered if it is caused by running rich or a dirty intake. Don't know what to do about it though. It's very annoying.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: road rage anyone

you guys that it happens to, what mileage do you have on your plugs/wires? and my first thought was reset ecu. it really needs to follow about any changes to the car or else it's going to run like crap until the ecu relearns the new setup.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Just got my Haloz.... (what to use)

well, something to think about... if you are stabbing the throttle quickly and then snapping the throttle plate closed.. it might take a couple of revolutions for the fuel and the incoming air to stablise... meaning that at first you are going to be running a little lean when you stab the gas initially... then, after you get the air and fuel just right.. you snap the throttle closed and the engine is suddenly rich... that would make the idle stumble for a little bit.