Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Ridiculous Electrical Problem

Old 12-12-2005, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(This is a 2001 Tiburon)
After a run in with an embankment (long story don't ask 02.gif ) and rather extensive right rear wheel assembly work, I'm having some wicked electrical problems. I ran into this embankment pretty hard, enough to really bend up the back tire. Having it back from the shop now I notice that several components don't work, but they don't seem related. Here's the list of things that DON'T work.

-digital clock
-dome light
-trunk lights (inside)
-trunk-open indicator LED in the cluster
-that annoying bell when you put the key in or when the door is open

That's all I can think of. Everything that I didn't mention works fine. All the A/C lights, the window button lights, all the rest of the cluster (e brake, check engine, seatbelt, gauges), turn signals, the "lights on with door open" dinging noise, etc. Those listed are the only parts that don't. I checked all fuses and they're all good. I can't think of any reason all these parts aren't working anymore. They don't seem connected in any way. Help me here guys, what's the problem?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

check fuses 13 and 6 in the dash fuse box...

come back if they are bad. i know you said you checked them all, but please double-check. i cant count the number of times someone said they checked the fuses, only to have missed one.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:56 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ Dec 13 2005, 04:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>check fuses 13 and 6 in the dash fuse box...

come back if they are bad. i know you said you checked them all, but please double-check. i cant count the number of times someone said they checked the fuses, only to have missed one.</div>
Well f*** me. 6 was blown! Why didn't I check that one? Replaced it and it works. 02.gif Thanks man, problem solved.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

lol, theres another one.... lmao.gif

glad you fixed the problem fing02.gif