Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Rheostat Wiring

Old 07-15-2009, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get real crazy abt this thing.

Can anyone tell me to which connector the rheostat is connected, the 2 green wires I found, were totally green and not the colors I had to find.
At the left side there are so much connectors, anyone knows If I can put the rheostat on a wire.
Or can I follow some wires from the fusebox?

Ideas are very welcome smile.gif

For the clearency I only got a rheostat with a connector and I'm looking for the wires to get connected with the lights.

Thanks!!
Old 07-15-2009, 07:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

From memory there is a green/white wire, green/black wire, and black wire. Black is ground, you can install your own new one if you can't find it... The green/white wire comes from the tail lamp relay, or if you have DRL's, then from the DRL relay (both located in the main fusebox). Green/black wire comes from the instrument cluster.

Edit: the green/white wire goes from the fusebox and splits (who knows where the splice is) to the the hazard and A/C switch and rheostat. If you want to run your own wires, find the green/white wire on the back of one of those switches, splice into it, and then run that new wire to pin 3 on the connector. After that, find the green/black wire coming from the left instrument cluster connector, splice into it, and run that to pin 1 on the connector. Then you can run a separate wire to a good clean bolt attached to the interior of the car on the body (clear of paint) and thats you're ground, pin 2. You've just made your own rheostat wiring harness. Eyecrazy.gif
Old 07-16-2009, 12:29 AM

Yoú're great Frozen!!

I didn't want to do it like this because maybe I blow something up (A) but oke you give me the confession that I can connect it like this.
Very usefull!!!

I will give it a go this weekend, and it has to work if I look at this smile.gif

Thanks!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 03:33 AM

Well finally did the job, and it works.
I found a connector somewhere under the instrument cluster, a white one. It's at the left side.
Connected the 2 green wires to that and did the black one direct to the frame.

Now it's working again smile.gif

Thanks for all the help!!!