Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Replacement Fuel Filter?

Old 07-02-2008, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My tiburon is due up for a fuel filter replacement, but since my moto is "why buy oem when you can buy aftermarket!"
I have been looking around for aftermarket replacements. In particular I was looking at an Aeromotive one but am
wondering is it worth the time and money to get one? My car is currently NA with a header, exhaust, and 1.8L cam.
Any suggestions for a fuel filter or even a fuel pump and would I see any benefits??
Old 07-02-2008, 11:17 PM

You're not going to see any noticeable difference between fuel filters, except from the change of dirty to clean filter. I used a WIX filter myself, noticed a nice difference but it was because the old one was clogged a bit. That filter would only be warranted if you had an upgraded fuel pump, which you shouldn't need with those mods, unless you have bigger plans for it... Go with a brand you trust and you'll be fine.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:25 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Take a gander at the DIY for the fuel filter. The hardest part is figuring out how your hands need to be. Soak the bolts down good a day or 2 before you start to make life easy. don't try to use channel locks or vice grips just get the right wrenches. i had to buy a 19mm i think.

As far as the fuel filter just go to the parts store unless suggested you have big plans. It would be nice to get one of those cartridge filters that mount on the firewall but the cost outweigh the benefits for me. Plumbing sucks in a car.