Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Remember Sarah? Her tib is featured on KDM Stance

Old 12-12-2012, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tib

I'm trying real hard to like this stance style thing........Maybe I'm just too old to see anything good or cool about it whatsoever?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:33 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

in my opinion..there's nothing good about "stanced, dope, hellaflush" setups..it's purely for show and aesthetics and has little to no benefit to the car or its performance..it's mostly a performance hindering mod..it is the most detrimental thing you can do to a car especially it's chassis and suspension components.

most people are about function than form..some are the opposite, and that's fine but this is borderline nonsense.

the vehicle can't cross speed bumps and even if you do, good luck not scraping the factory undercoating on your underbody, the handling is severely compromised with the enormous amounts of negative camber..OF WHICH only about 20% of the tires tread width is in contact with the road, causes sketchy grip and good luck shelling out money for new tires every 3 or 4 months with that abnormal tire wear.

I've seen most of these cars with the front under splashshield missing on both sides cause it rubs badly especially with turning the steering wheel full lock, the shredded and shaved sidewalls exposing the nylon, polyester, ployamide or aramid plies on the sidewall which results in a very weakened tire and spontanious but eventual tire failure
Old 12-13-2012, 05:28 AM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

Performance > Stance
Old 12-13-2012, 05:48 AM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

wider wheels don't always result in a better handling car, mostly it just adds more wheel weight to the drivetrain and suspension have to deal with..a mazda miata with it's crummy 14x5.5 wide wheels with old tires can out-handle most modern sports cars or sedans equipped with big flashy wheels and z-rated tires.

some people justify the "setup" on their car by saying racing touring cars have the same suspension with tucked flush wheels with mild negative camber..these cars are tuned by professional drivers with professional engineers and mechanics..unlike some people who hack the suspension knuckle to exert insane amount of negative camber.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I for one, love a slight drop (enough to remove some fender gap), proper fitting wheels (no camber..perfectly straight up and down and pushed to line up with the fender vertically), and either stock or +1 wheel sizing. That alone makes the car look exotic and classy.

Slamming it to the ground, crazy camber, huge wheels, stretched to hell tires.....it just looks stupid. But, thats just my opinion. Everyone enjoys their cars differently and builds them to make no one else happy. I just prefer clean cars with function over form.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:02 AM

Vehicle: 03 Tib GT V6

Wow as a girl I can say even I would never drive that thing. That monstrosity is hideous.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:52 AM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

Originally Posted by Kat03Tib
Wow as a girl I can say even I would never drive that thing. That monstrosity is hideous.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:29 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Cute......I guess, but not that cute....and the car STILL looks stupid.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:44 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

Visionz i like a drop thats a bit more than slight.

Remove the wheel gap, put the edge of the wheel at the edge of the fender, but no tucking keep the whole tire visible. thats how i want my Tiburon to sit, just like my GTI does now. just not sure which springs to go with to get it just right I'm thinking coils, but not sure which would be better for winter/snow driving.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:48 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Tibby

Sarah was a cool girl but Im not a fan of her rims. If she had different ones, her car would be great as far as Im concerned. Its stupid that she left the site because some members werent a fan of her car. We all drive Hyundai's. Taking criticism should be second nature to us.