Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Relocating Evap For Intake...

Old 09-19-2007, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

^^^^ What he said.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:37 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^wanna come over to watch sunday football? rippedhand.gif
Old 09-19-2007, 01:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I still think you have a torn hose or bad wire somewhere HKC.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:54 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

HKC, mechanically, having a malfunctioning evap can cannot affect your performance anyway. When I was going to remove mine, I bought the wrong size barb connector. I drove with my evap can gone, and all the wires and stuff just hanging loose and not connected for a day. Yeah, I got a CEL, but the car had no mechanical issues, it ran just like it did with it. That thing's only purpose is for emissions.

I am 99.99% confident that your issue was, and still is, some other problem with your car. Otherwise, hooking the evap back up (which was one of the many things you did) would have fixed the problem.

Its kind of like how I thought the 1.8 ECU was causing all my idle issues, when really, it was my BBTB. It just happened more, and more noticably, with the 1.8 ECU installed. It took me a good month or 2 to figure that out.

And you are still the ONLY one to EVER have problems with it, I think that speaks for itself...
Old 09-19-2007, 03:37 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I suppose so. I will admit to being the only one with problems with it and really hyping it up, but I was also the only one who did it with an automatic. I drew all of my conclusions from tens of the same thing happening when driving to work everyday.

I'll only find out how the evap system is working until I can find a friend with a laptop because I got Jay-M's scantool and I have a Mac. The scantool can read pretty much if it's functioning properly or not. I'm pretty sure it was a kink in the hose that I failed emissions, but who knows I mean you guys are bright. I'll definitely show you a snapshot of the readings it gives me when I find that laptop! Hopefully it can solve at least my issue.

Hopefully soon, and then I'll post back up here with all info.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:35 AM

won't this cause problems if you have an automatic?