Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Relocating Evap For Intake...

Old 09-18-2007, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I searched a bunch of times and Didn't really find anything that answers my question...
When I went to intsall my aem cai I was told that I had to move the evap canister because it's right where the filter goes on 97 tiburons.

My question is how do you do this?

I tried undoing some of the bolts but they ended up snapping. So im pretty sure I cant move it now. But I might just cut the intake so its just like the injen. I know its not as good but I don't think I have a choice anymore.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:38 PM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

Look in the diy section.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:39 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

it's in the diy, but to be honest. take it from the guy who spent two years coming up with crap and i still failed emissions.

don't even deal with it. don't touch the damn thing just leave it alone. ton't touch it!

wired relocation: Wires
tube relocation: tube

take it from us ALL, don't touch it.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:42 PM

Yeah, I don't think i'm gonna touch it.

I'll just make my aem a injen style. I can do without that 1hp.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:50 PM

i think im gonna do what somebody else did, and move the battery bracket.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:58 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

good choice. if you touch it, i swear from my own experience you will mess up the cars performance. you're just better using an AEM dry flow filter and getting a short air intake towhere the fans are. get some FAL flex-a-lite fans while you're at it to give you more space. FALS just pop right in no need to take radiator hoses or anything out.

get a BBTB and you'll have the same HP my AEM can make. i regret touching my evap... we'll see when i do some computer testing.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:51 PM

Well I cut my intake and I have the filter under the battery now. But it's a bit lower then a injen puts it I think, It seems to work pretty good and sounds great too.

I wasn't really planning on moving the evap thing around, looks like too much trouble for what you get out of it.

I have a bored out oem tb, so I guess im at the same power as a full aem intake.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Meh, move it. HKC is the only person here with continuing problems after the move, ABQElantra and dozens of other members haven't had any problem.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:55 PM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

I never ever had a problem after moving mine.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:21 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Dude, remove it. Relocating it is just a waste of time, just get rid of it entirely. VERY easy, and I promise, if you follow the instructions, you won't have a problem with performance, or a CEL. HKC is the only one to ever have an issue.

And the difference between the Injen and AEM is WAY more than 1hp, on a cold night, you can FEEL the difference. I've had both, and I have a Rev A. Remove the evap canister, it takes $10 and less than 20 minutes of time, it's very simple, and the DIY is very thorough. I still think that HKC did something wrong, he's the only one I've EVER seen (on this forum or on HP.com) to have a problem with it. Also, if you do it right (as per the DIY), you'll still pass emissions because you won't get a CEL.

Remove it, and get the AEM. You'll be much happier. Trust me.