Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Rear extra liscense lights

Old 01-18-2005, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear extra liscense lights

ok, hey guys, im Kit, im a member of here, and ive seen alota new stuff since i started posting here, but can someone tell me WHAT THE BLOODY FREAKING GOSH DARN HELL IS THIS?!?!?!??

im refering to the two lights on the side?

(also do other Tibs have the top stop light behind the rear glass?)
Old 01-18-2005, 07:26 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kit-Fox)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok, hey guys, im Kit, im a member of here, and ive seen alota new stuff since i started posting here, but can someone tell me WHAT THE BLOODY FREAKING GOSH DARN HELL IS THIS?!?!?!??</div>
rear fog lights. i believe stock on Hyundai Coupe's (European version)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>(also do other Tibs have the top stop light behind the rear glass?)</div>
yes. if they don't come with a spoiler. spoiler's weren't standard wink1.gif
Old 01-18-2005, 07:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparticus)</div><div class='quotemain'>rear fog lights. i believe stock on Hyundai Coupe's (European version)

yes. if they don't come with a spoiler. spoiler's weren't standard wink1.gif</div>

Yep, those thingies are on European cars. I don't think they came like that in the Asian and South American markets though.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:34 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hamhead)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yep, those thingies are on European cars. I don't think they came like that in the Asian and South American markets though.</div> thats why i said "coupe" and not "turbulence" wink1.gif hehe
Old 01-18-2005, 07:34 PM

Euro Spec ONLY
Old 01-18-2005, 07:38 PM

i always saw the fog lights in those little holes, and btw mine didnt have a spoiler stock either, i have the original spoiler on thier though, but no light behind my windshield, i do have one on my spoiler though that is kinda ugly though, they dont fit on the stock body kit though (the fog lights) so i guees the euro cars (coupes) had a diferant body kit
Old 01-18-2005, 08:21 PM

yes, as you can see, the rear bumper is different from ours. Because most of europe uses a long and slender number plate, they make a bumper with a wider indent just for it. The rear fogs are mandatory in a lot of places in Europe, there is a seperate switch for it, fitting into the blank above the stock fog light switch.

Also, my RD1 has NO rear spoiler and the 3rd brake light is in the window...

Not the best pic in the world.. and the bumper sticker is gone out of the window now.. but you get the idea.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:39 PM

ya i like that pic, mind if i save it,.... to late, another excelent thread contributed by none other then me, umm whats the bumper sticker say before?
i like the back, looks more american carish without the spoiler, wheres ur antena? hmm, id like to get ahold of some switches for the left side of my console, i dont have front fogs either, hmm.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:51 AM

power antenna really cleans up the rear... and the bumper sticker.. it was almost three years ago, I forget what it was for. Might have been a union supporter sticker... I used to change that sticker as time went on.. it was only ever taped into place from inside the window.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:40 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Hmmmm.... I have a spoiler but I'm pretty sure I have a 3rd brake light in the rear window. Too lazy to check.