Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Rd1 - Painting Headlight Bezels

Old 03-09-2010, 04:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a pic of them taken apart, just the final product:

... Gah, I feel horrible. I do all these random projects and never get pics. I never think about it until I'm done.

I've only done the one set, and have never seen anyone else do it like that. Personally, I think it's hot.

It's the same principle as the headlights, the only differences that I recall are the tails have several plastic pop in fasteners (I don't know what they're actually referred to as) in odd places, a tiny screw that goes into the lens in one corner, and the same corner with the screw fits in more like a wedge so some care is needed to remove it. Also, if you do attempt to paint them, keep in mind that the lens on the tails is brittle when compared to the headlights.

As for painting, I just hit mine with scotch-brite and 600 grit (?, I think that's right), but I'd get a second opinion on that.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:04 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

^^^ I honestly can't see that much of a difference in the taillights. Maybe pics don't do them justice, but I don't think it is a big enough difference for me to rip them apart.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:30 AM

Well after all was said and done. This is what the headlights look like from beginning to end.

It did kill the distance my HID's shine by a little bit, but I'll live.

10 years of fading.

After headlight restore.

After painting them black.

And last but not least, on the car.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:01 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

looks nice man, very clean looking imo.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

damn good job bud fing02.gif
Old 03-17-2010, 09:02 PM

Now I just need to give it a good washing sometime soon, it hasn't seen one of those for a while now.

Also, if anybody is interested in the same headlights I bought off of pile_of_rd1, just let me know, they will be for sale soon, I can paint them black also if needed. I already have the paint and RTV silicone to spare, so just shoot me some offers via PM.

I also will have a pair of stock corners, a pair of clear corners w/ inside painted black and some strut bars somewhere. I am not sure what kind of strut bars they are. If tib_500 sees this, he should know, I got them from him in a trade. That or somebody might be able to tell from a picture.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:22 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

Yeah, sure. I'm interested. Don't need to paint them yet, I'm gonna have to get them open to put Angel eyes in 'em.(Cops be damned!!!)

Let me know, I've got a passenger side front to rebuild, among other things.
Thanks.