Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Random Engine Cut Off When Coming To Light And Braking Hard.

Old 01-23-2006, 04:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wadd3456 @ Jan 23 2006, 02:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="color:#CC0000">** MOD EDIT : quote removed

^^^</span>
Oddly enough, one of the screws holding the TPS worked itself LOOSE a couple years ago. Weird huh?

So back to the idle adj. screw... Should I just turn it till the idle gets where it shoudl be. Hmm, now that I think of it, I havent a clue what the idle SHOULD be on this car. Do you?

As far as the throttle cable is concerned, I will take a peek at that as well.</div>

please do not quote posts right above yours, cause it makes forum longer and confusin.
use ADD REPLY button at the bottom of the screen to answere to the last post.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:24 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wadd3456 @ Jan 23 2006, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>My wifes car is wacky sometimes. Randomly (maybe 3x a month) she will pull up to a light, braking hard if it just changed, and the car will idle way down.... sometimes it will just turn off.

She can start it right back up again though. I has new plugs, new wires, a new fuel filter and a new coil pack just incase anyone was wondering. I would guess this problem is related to some sort of senor adjusting the idle.

Any ideas?</div>

I don't think its that serious, Its the person driving the manual car.

I used to do it a lot of times, driving in heavy traffic.
and changed gears to quickly and not giving enough revs on the correct gear change.

3rd-4th gear on the traffic lights and let the clutch go, your engine is going to slowly idle down and switch off.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:26 AM

I would agree with you if it did not occasionally happen to me. There have been times when sitting there Idling at a light and the engine will just die. I had it happen this last week. Clutch in to coast to a stop at a light... she died.

Seems to happen more in the winter... and I do need a new TPS
Old 01-23-2006, 06:21 PM

Eh, her cars an automatic guys. wink1.gif