Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Random which cam is best for the tib?

Old 07-09-2002, 02:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random which cam is best for the tib?

I am sure you have covered this somewhere but i havent found any posts yet. I am going to get some cams for my 2001 tib but i am debating on what to use. I have looked at the Cat Cams from JrPonlin.com but i havent seen any specs. I know you were talking to a guy about the specs one time or another.. I am also seeing the RPW cams from SR.. I am thinking that i am goning to keep it N/A... If there is any info that you can send this way that would be great!

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-09-2002, 02:58 AM

how fast you wanna go ?

You can get extreme cams or mild ones

it all depends on how fast you wanna go. The lumpier the cam the harder the idle.

Extreme cams will definantly need tuning, so keep that in mind.
Old 07-09-2002, 03:01 AM

I want something agressive..i plan on going fast one day(after i finish all the mods ha) I understand that it is going to take some tuning and i have a shop that can help me tune it so as long as it will make it fast with what i have done sofar and what i want to add to i am game!
Old 07-09-2002, 03:29 AM

Well, the problem is that the tuning is done to optimize the power of mods, not in anticipation of them. If you want to go with aggressive cams your best bet is to get the other mods done first, then drop them in and tune the engine. Otherwise you'll be on the dyno to retune after each modification.
Old 07-09-2002, 03:32 AM

good point venison

Get intake, headers, FULL exhaust (muffler, flex pipe, hi flow cat), bored manifold and TB,... then play with cams or think about nitrous
Old 07-09-2002, 03:43 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>JAWS 021:
good point venison</div>Dude, venison is deer meat. You calling me roadkill?
Old 07-09-2002, 05:27 AM
Red

Haha, deer meat Mmmmm (insert Homer Simpson drool here)

Anyway, you must also choose cams for what method you wish to feed the car. If you are going to keep it N/A, then your choices are radically different than if you were gonna boost it.

Nitrous useage, in terms of dynamic compression and dynamic volumetric efficiency needs, is identical to normal aspiration. If you plan on spraying and never boosting, then just look for a great set of N/A cams. RPW has a few options, Shark Racing can sell you an *upgraded* stocker part, etc.

Keep in mind, to get the most out of a set of cams, the cylinder head really needs to be reworked -- especially on the exhaust ports.
Old 07-09-2002, 01:04 PM

i plan on getting all the other mods done first. i have cai,about to put on the sr 4-1 header,and i have an apexi n1 cat back and the pipe is 2.25. I am going to keep it N/A so spraying is not going to happen...anyhow, Dose anyone know the specs on the cat cams verses the RPW from SR? I am going to find a IM from a junker and if it is tip top i will have it bored..i also want to get the bbtb from SR so there will be no need to get a stock tb bored...