Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Radiator Fan Question?

Old 05-23-2006, 07:54 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad_john @ May 23 2006, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Thank you for your interest in tuning your tiburon, simply type in the key words to your question into the search bar on RDTiburon.com, and you will most likely find your answer. If you do not find what you need, please feel free to register, post an introduction topic, then post your question in the appropriate sub-category. Your answer will be posted shortly! Tuners like you are who help to make up the growing hyundai community, and we're glad to have you aboard! Thanks for using RDTiburon.com!</div>
Mad John, you are teh K-Rad (1000 times the normal dosage of rad)

Thermostat probly is your best bet... It's cheap and it takes 5 minutes. You'll drop about 1/4 gallon of antifreeze. Just do it somewhere near a drain so you can feed the fish or whatever that sign on drains is supposed to mean.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I've changed out the tstat a few times. I don't think that's the problem. I've tested all tstats before putting them in and tested old ones when removed. (drop it in boiling water, see if it opens)

radiator was replaced at dealership by new radiator. Pressure check done on new radiator. I'm heavily convinced it's a fan related issue.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad_john @ May 23 2006, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^dude just get a new fan see what happens
i know all to well about fans and fingers i feel that pain</div>
hm... wish I could just throw around money like that. rolleyes.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad_john @ May 23 2006, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>again^^^
Thank you for your interest in tuning your tiburon, simply type in the key words to your question into the search bar on RDTiburon.com, and you will most likely find your answer. If you do not find what you need, please feel free to register, post an introduction topic, then post your question in the appropriate sub-category. Your answer will be posted shortly! Tuners like you are who help to make up the growing hyundai community, and we're glad to have you aboard! Thanks for using RDTiburon.com!

got you lmao.gif lmao.gif</div>
remember, I have the ability to increase your warn level. wink1.gif
Old 05-23-2006, 09:34 PM

Right now, I have a problem with the radiator fan. As same as you, my car get overheated in traffic...

My fan is spinning correctly, it also turn on when I use the A/C... I don't have the thermostat... the weather in my country is so hot that its not necessary...

I went to my mechanic and he notice that the sensor of the radiator fan is faulty... the radiator fan turn on to late.... it because the sensor are sending a bad signal... when the fan turn on, my car is almost on the red zone....

you better check the voltage of that sensor.....
Old 05-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Wao: wire the fan so it is on every time car is started. That should help
Old 05-24-2006, 07:29 AM

Yeap.. I notice that yesterday when I keepo it unplugged.... but found that the car won't start... I can desconnect it just when the car is ON...

Bue don't worry I will buy the sensor this weekend....

Hamhead... any update of your problem????
Old 05-24-2006, 02:03 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

When your radiator fans are on they should be PULLING air through the radiator. So air should be blowing fast on your hands and toward your engine. If they are blowing air onto your radiator from the engine bay, then they are blowing hot air onto the radiator instead of pulling cold air through. I would reverse the wiring to the fans if they are not pulling air through the radiator. I could see that being your only problem here.

I would be so f-in pissed if I had that problem and have spent as much as you have on fixing it and it still persists.

Best of luck to you. smile.gif
Old 05-25-2006, 12:55 AM
Administrator

tdonnell... I am pissed.

Sliced the crap out of my hand. Drove the car today and couldn't make it overheat (I usually can if I try). The only problem I think I had was that the plug was plugged in upside down, causing it to push hot air into radiator instead of pulling cold air through. Stupid plug was the only problem.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:56 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

^nothing but love sugar...

I would check the fans then the relays, and the fan switch that is in frount of the thrmostata housing.

also the fan on the right should only spin when the a/c is off and when the a/c is on both should spin

call me up so i can talk to you pimp i can talk better then i can type

owned.gif