Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Radiator Cap Question

Old 05-06-2005, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<span style="color:red">hey everyone. laugh.gif me have a question. lol. no companies that i know of makes a radiator cap specifically to fit our car, but i know that you can use other makes/models and it will fit. however, i forget what other cars fit. does anyone know off hand?
thanks! B)</span>
Old 05-06-2005, 06:24 PM

Why would you want a radiator cap from another car? Cosmetic reasons?
If it's that, you can order a cap cover from kspec, if not I am not sure but radiator caps should be standard but for the pressure. I think ours is 0,9 or 1 bar, be sure not to go for a higher pressure cap though, in case of heating you would want the extra pressure to get out of the cooling system through the cap and not through a hole in your radiator after it blew...
Old 05-06-2005, 06:28 PM

<span style="color:blue">i don't mean stock from another car...i meant aftermarket. when you look them up online or where ever, they give other makes and models...never hyundai tiburon and i know that you can use them from other makes and models. sorry if i had ya confused. but what i was asking is like when i put in make and model, which one was the one that fit our cars? that's what i meant.....</span>
Old 05-06-2005, 06:51 PM

Go to Advance Auto Parts and pick one up, they have them there. Myself, and my buddy who has went through(sold, not totalled) several Turbo vehicles use them.

Look for the ones with the red lever on the top. They work well, and i have no problems.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Kspec.com has several aftermarket Radiator Caps.

If you want a special LOOKING cap, get the Jspeed, it fits right over your OEM cap. Looks great. I've got one. Let me know ifyou want pics.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:22 PM

<span style="color:red">sure i'd love to see pics!

EDIT: i went to kspec and they have the apexi and the blitz one that i was talking about. i'm looking for the blitz one in red though...not blue. i like that one. i guess it's just called type 1 then.

EDIT # 2: ok so i searched out the difference between the blue and red, and apparently the red one will not fit our cars...only the blue one and obviously i don't want blue. </span> smile.gif
Old 05-06-2005, 08:05 PM

http://www.kspec.com/main.php?s=radiator

In red? I've seen some recently, I'll post when I find them.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:14 PM

http://www.babomall.com/rd/index.html?pg=d...ca=tu&cb=tu-oil

There you go.

Let me know.