Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Radiator = Hp?

Old 11-29-2005, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will having a more efficient radiator yield more gains over a OEM radiator in decent shape?

Im curious as to how this device is linked with HP.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Its not related to HP. Better/bigger radiator provides better cooling... but our car does not need it.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:55 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

^^^ like it was spoken

you don't really need to upgrade our radiators until you are dealing with a lot of heat; ei: mad john's 600whp beast
Old 11-29-2005, 06:00 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

my stock radiator has a big hole in it and it still cools my engine more than neccessary.

(even driving through the Nevada desert ...the entire state, at high speeds, ....in August). laugh.gif

the usual first step when working to cool your engine bay more, is fans (dual, slim lines). Then maybe a double-thickness or Halden/Hayden/dammit I can't remember the company's name radiator.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:05 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

remember more water you carry = more weight and that depends on the mass of the liquied..

when you have a full tank of gas i think that is about as hevey as a tranny?

but i am for sure that you can get any useable power from a rad, i could be wrong...but i just dont see it

because for a engine to work at optimal power it has to be at a certian temp for proper combustion..

what you all think
Old 12-01-2005, 07:17 AM

General Soju has it right.. remember, TOO much cooling can be just as bad for your engine as not enough. If the coolant never warms up to operating temps, the car never goes into closed loop on the oxygen sensors and it just runs rich. This will kill power, wear out your rings, dilute your oil with unburnt fuel, and ruin your gas miliage.

Heavy duty radiators like that are only good for vehicles that are making substantially more power than their stock cooling system can handle or are used for towing.

I would add better fans and an oil cooler first. Remember, oil does not only lubricate your engine, it helps to cool it too.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:42 AM

/\ /\ /\

Agree!! fing02.gif

I will get first the Thin fan cooler