Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Quick Question

Old 12-20-2007, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I took my intake off to change my air filter and put everything back on. But when I wen't to put some washer fluid in today I noticed my iat sensor was just hanging in the engine bay, I probably forgot to put it back in, maybe I was distracted or in a rush or wtv. And it was in the engine for about a week.

So my question is, would this ruin the sensor? or does it not really matter as long as I put it back in properly? Â

Either way I didn't notice any difference when I was driving. Â

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:17 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That sucker is tough. I'd be more worried about your MAF or engine being that you had a unfiltered hole in your intake. It's not that big of a deal. If you're worried, find a OBD-II scanner and check the IAT sensor through OBD-II. It should read pretty close to ambient air temperature when the car has sat for a few hours.

There are resistance specifications as well for different temperatures. They are available on HMAService.com username RDT password Tiburon. Look in shop, fuel system and look for the IAT sensor. Everything you need to check it out is there.

Again, there's probly nothing wrong with it.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:22 PM

Mine was like that for a long time (almost all last year) because I couldnt find the grommett and I havent had any negative side effects yet.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:20 AM

cool thanks.

I don't know if it's a big deal to have a open hole like that in the winter. There isn't really much dirt flying around as in the summer.

Either way, everything seems ok as of now.