Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Question About Exhaust Hangers

Old 05-21-2006, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

I've noticed that my exhaust is always louder after the cars warm and rattles, the only thing I can think of is that the rubber exhaust hangers stretch more when they heat up, thus allowing the exhaust to rattle on the rear axel. So I see that there are poly exhaust mounts which should be stiffer and won't stretch, so my exhaust should sound nice all the time now smile.gif
Anyway, here's my options..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/240SX-SR20D...bayphotohosting
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/240SX-SR20D...bayphotohosting
Now, my ricer instincts tell me to go with the red ones just to match my car, however upon further inspection I realize that they are actually different sizes. Blue is 8mm and Red is 10mm. What are these measurements of? Diameter of the holes? How do I know if my exhaust hanger is 10mm or 8mm? Measuring something as small as a 2mm difference may be sort of tricky on a part such as this. I'm led to believe that the 8mm Blue ones are the right ones for me though just because I saw that's what tibby01 used on his car, but I'm not 100% sure.
thanks
Old 05-21-2006, 10:29 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

omg zoned you read my mind. last halloween my car went into the shop to get a new muffler welded on. problem is it's too low because my magnaflow actually does fit into the stock bumper carving. it is hanging by some longer hangers looking like crap. and i need the tips to fit into the carving to look good.

i'm looking for smaller hanger things that won't heat up and bend too. if you're buying them i will too. i just need some smaller ones. i'm sorry i can't answer your sizing question. i'll look into it tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

How frigging wierd you brought this up. I had to replace a broken stud today and was looking right at that hangar and thinking of swapping it out with one of these.

Let me know how it works out.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:48 AM

lol, in case I wasn't clear...

How do I know if I should buy the 8mm or 10mm?

And what are those measurements OF exactly?
Old 05-22-2006, 12:54 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^^ ROTFL!!! that's pretty funny.

If noone actually gives you a straight answer, go with tibby01's choice. He is the resident mad scientist and knows about this kind of stuff.... if worse comes to worst, you can always stretch/drill a hole into place.

You can always remove material, putting it back is the hard part.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:00 AM

Thanks DTN....LOL.

anyway, maybe it's confusing cuz i pasted the SAME ebay link twice.
lol, here's the other one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALL-HONDA-C...1QQcmdZViewItem

if i don't get an answer i'll just buy the blue one and let everyone know what happens.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:56 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Do you have a hangar welded on the top of the muffler itself?

If the last exhaust hangar you have is before the muffler, won't really make too much difference, as all that weight and heat is going to pull it down eventually. Put one on top of the muffler, as there was one stock, and it would probably eliminate your problem.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:27 AM

Location: York. About 2hrs from Philly and 4 hours from Pittsburgh

strange....my car does the exact opposite of yours zoned....my exhaust rattles like hell until the engine warms up.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Go measure the hanger you lazy ass.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:55 PM

okay, measuring to the MILLIMETER is gonna be hard as hell when ur down there..plus I don't even know if the measurement is of the distance between the holes or diameter of the holes..i thought someone might know.

hamhead, there are 2 rubber hangers in their OEM spots, yes one is before the muffler. i'm not 100% sure, but the car sounds nice until it warms up and then it rattles like a b****. the only thing i can think of is that it is this hanger which is heating up and stretching....you think i'll have the same problem even with these mounts?