Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Question About Exhaust

Old 01-31-2008, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im looking into getting a better sounding exhaust, will just a muffler change this, or like a weld on pipe, something like that? looking for a deeper sound... also if just changing the muffler will change the sound, what are some suggestions on what to get.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:50 PM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

personally i would upgrade the piping before the muffler, and get an oval shaped muffler not a can (hell header and a single high flow cat is about the same price and would net u about the same hp as the muffler)

REDZ is working on getting us a custom cat-back, and theres another member here (dont remember the sn off hand) that might be able to make a kit eventually or do a catback - the muffler so u can weld on ur personal preference
Old 01-31-2008, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

The catbacks are coming soon, it's a collaboration between me and KFXPerformance, BHurlin.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:49 PM

ok sounds good ill check into that as well and keep an eye out for the custom cat
Old 02-01-2008, 04:25 AM

Redzman- Can you elaborate more on the exhausts that are coming? Also, Ericy321 was supposed to start doing exhausts, but im not sure if he bought a welder yet.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Banned

Are you just looking for a deeper sound or looking for a performance increase at the same time?

If you are just looking for sound, I would just get a muffler that you like the sound of.

If you are looking for both performance AND sound, I would recommend going to a local exhaust shop and get a quote for aluminized press bent exhaust from the cat to the muffler.. just buy a glasspack and a muffler of your choice, and they will be able to weld it in and custom bend everything up for you. Shouldn’t be much more than 250$ total including a good muffler and glasspack.

getting it done at a local exhaust shop is the cheapest and most foolproof way to get an exhaust done.. why? because its custom made for YOUR car and you wont have to pay shipping on getting an exhaust.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:08 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

yeah go custom...thats what i did...

obx headers-carsound cat-summit racing glasspack-ebay n1 knockoff muffler...

I'm happy with my setup and total including welding cost me 275 bucks...

only reason i would go with stainless steel is if i lived up north cause of the snow and salt would make it rust quicker...

but likey me i live in VA...

also if you go custom make sure you get under the axle, so you will have less bends
Old 02-01-2008, 02:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I've posted about the catback before, but I can update you on this.

2.5 inch, mandrel bent, 24 inch resonator, under the rear axle area, straight out, for right around $300.

The Prototype will be done in about 3 weeks, then we send a second one off to have made.

They will be STAINLESS, and will cost a total of about $350 shipped.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:26 AM

not just the muffler will do that, it might make it sound racy and definalty if its a cheap muffler. i'm planning to buy the catback off of ebay and getting new headers. both will help out the deeper sound that your looking for. also a cold air intake will help with the deeper sound as well
Old 02-11-2008, 08:37 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=24043

any question you could ever have about exhausts/mufflers..