Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Question About Cai.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (a_gut @ May 6 2005, 10:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Do a search for "random special cai"
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>
You can search for that HERE too.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:04 PM

thanks evryone, and now I see some of things that I didnt think about before..

Ramdon

yes, my primary language is Spanish, and I stoped study English a while ago. But my fortune is that you can understand ( hardly ) what I´m trying to say. thanks

Now, about the $50 on ebay, the problem is that my credit card is not an American xpress, so its very rarely where I can buy and ebay is one of the places where I can not buy from, so that is the problem, and spend $200 in a CAI I cant do that right now, so that is why I was thinking about make my own CAI, but I guess the best choice is the PVC, because the rust of the stainless steel...

thanks!

I couldnt find anything about random CAI, I just found that someone says that if i ask Random he will post a DIY. are you the same random?
lol.

and What is the difference of an AUTO CAI and a manual CAI
Old 05-06-2005, 05:14 PM

If you paint or coat the Steel, it will not be as prone to rust. It will still rust over time where the paint has chipped off or was weak. If you've got polished stainless steel, your other option is to go with a clear paint or clear shellac or clear polyurethane (minwax). You'll need to touch it up from time to time to replace lost/chipped/dinged paint, but then you should be okay as far as rust goes.

You can also get a paypal account. They can pull the money right out of your bank acount to pay for your ebay auctions, no credit card needed.

Something about the sentence structure/use of verbs/nouns lead me to believe spanish, but I wasn't 100% sure. I didn't want to offend you if it turned out I was wrong and you were French, Italian, Greek etc...
Old 05-06-2005, 06:13 PM

I seem to recall reading somewhere that it was recommended NOT to use PVC due to the gases it expells (toxic and flamible) when it gets too hot.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:22 PM

Random, dont worry man!. you didnt offend me at all. I know that my gramatic is not perfect, but I´m still trying to learn from all you and make my english better and better until get a pretty nice english .. lol

I´m spanish, LATINO.. lol

talking about this, that is a good idea to get the steel with a coat of chrome, right? that has to be a nice intake, of course I mean the inside.

the major problem with ebay, its that I can even get a paypal account. because that company doesnt work with my country ( guatemala ) they told me that they dont work with this country right now. so I´m stuck. lol

the PVC is maybe some good idea, but like Mad says, it wont be recommended for the toxic gas.

but until what temp, will be toxic or bad to the engine?

thanks
Old 05-06-2005, 08:57 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

sharkrev, maybe just get some PVC piping for now...

Then, once you have figured out the best intake route & have some spare cash, you can always take the assembled piping to an exhaust shop & get them to mandrel-bend some stainless steel piping to the same shape for you.

Either that or just buy some mandrel bends like I did & make it yourself as it works out pretty cheap (My CAI). I had a similar problem... Although I have a paypal account, shipping to Australia is a b****; a $50USD intake ends up costing around $250AUD with shipping!