Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Pulsating Noise

Old 12-12-2005, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Ok, I recently noticed that when I hit around 65 mph on the expressway, I start hear this weird pulsing noise come from the car. If I push the clutch in and let the RPM's fall, the noise goes away. But when the RPM's hit around 3K, and the speedo reads 65 or higher, the noise starts. Also, the faster I go, the faster the pulsing noise becomes. It kind of sounds like its coming from the exhaust, but I'm not 100% sure. It could be coming from the engine.

There's no performance loss in the car at all. I thought that maybe it could be something vibrating in the engine bay, or someone along the exhaust pipes, but its not really a vibration kind of sound. Its just a pulsating sound. Anyone have any ideas what it could be? confused.gif
Old 12-12-2005, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clutch throwout bearing?
Old 12-12-2005, 10:26 PM

What mods do you have? I hear something similar at certain RPMs, I'm pretty sure it's just exhaust gases pulsing at a particular speed.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:38 PM

^^^They could be right but it also sounds like it could be a knot in a tire. Just because of the pulsating sound and it only happening above 65. And the reason it stops when you push the clutch in is becuase the car is slowing down and your not putting power to the wheels so the rim isnt pulling on them.
It also sounds like a throwout bearing or preasure plate.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fonseca @ Dec 13 2005, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What mods do you have? I hear something similar at certain RPMs, I'm pretty sure it's just exhaust gases pulsing at a particular speed.</div>

Thats what I kind of figured it might be. The noise is only kind of loud between 65 and 70 mph. After that point, you can still hear it, but its not as loud, and the pulsing is alot quicker.

Anyone know why it might be the throwout bearing or pressure plate? If it were them, wouldnt the noise happen at any speed or RPM level? :confused.gif:
Old 12-13-2005, 03:36 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

it has to do with your tires. either unregular wear, bald spots, and bubble or egg in your tire. if it was the exhaust pulsating u would hear it n your lower gears aswell.