Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Prove To Me You Have A Better Maintained Tib Than Me

Old 02-22-2006, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

But really. If you drive normal like me, 3k under oil changes are not even neccessary. When I did an Oil anaylsis, they told me that I had 3,000 more miles left on the oil and the oil had been run 4,500 miles. I was using the Cheapest Semi Synthetic oil on the Market(Walmart Supertech).
Old 02-22-2006, 11:49 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

would you like a browny button? lmao.gif

dude its great u take such great care of your car but whats gonna happen when u wreck it and never actually drove it like it wants to be drove. your like one of those kidz who have action figures who won't take them out of the box because they will loose value.

but seriously what was the point of this thread? to show off? and why is this in performance? your car doesnt even perform it just puts around like a grama car.

have a lil fun with your car man b4 it goes and yes it will go accidents do happen. soo open dat beeotch up and redline her.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:31 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^ Yeah so do transmission, engine failures due to unnresponsible owners. Its obvious that accidents happen, but what does that have to do with taking care of your car?
Old 02-23-2006, 01:18 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

I personally think all of that is GREAT accept for the fact that you're not really modding it or ever driving it hard, that's what's fun. I'd rather have 100k FUN miles than 200k grandma miles.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:47 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Moving to other vehicles......

lol, j/k

Dude, drive your Tibby sometimes harder. It helps to clean spark plugs and combustion chamber. 3000 miles oil change is not that needed, cause now we have modern synthetic oils.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:24 AM

Nice...But I change my oil EXACTLY every 3000 miles and I use nothing but pure synthetic with synthetic LUCAS and I change my oil filter EVERYTIME I change my oil. I also use nothing but premium gasoline and I use a fuel cleaner every tank....I wash,Wax,and Vacume my car almost once a week sometimes not as often somtimes more...All fluids checked every fri. and tire pressure every other fri. Tires rotated, balanced and alliand every 6000 miles. I have everything that I have EVER done to my car written down in a log book with what I did when I did it and what I used. Engine bay is cleaned once a month and air filter changed with tire rotaion to...But other than that...Thats about as much as she gets. Well other than the toys I buy for her.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:35 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I change my fuel filter every 9000 miles nana.gif
Old 02-23-2006, 03:52 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

I am not trying to up stage you brother but mine goes like this: ok here we go

I believe my 1996 Hyundai Tiburon .

-Oil Changes every 2 weeks highway= high speed
-air filter cleaed every week
-tranny oil evey 3-6 months
-Oil Anaylsis every 3 mounth
-Use Fuel injection cleaner/marvens mistory oil, 104+ every full tank
-Use strictly oilbank gasoline "korean"108 octane Ron
-Wash week, Wax/polish week
--One problem, Door suntint is comeing of from X-girlfriend trying to break glass with her shoe
--Engine is extremely smooth and quiet at idle, except for the 4' ehaust
-Engine is smooth at highway RPM speed
-All fluids are motul except the Clutch Fluid, motul make the master cylinder stick why i dont know
-Engine Flushes evey six months
-parts that are not performance parts are. Hyundai Geniune
-fuel filter changed evey 3 months also
-Interior vaccuumed and cleaned every week, I'm a smoker but dont smoke in the car "ever"
-2 RATTLES trunk and seatbelt haraness
-No Rust, no dents
-always coverd when not in use. i drive it maybe one a week and on the weekends only
-evey 6 months a full shake down from top to bottom. aka wheel bearing/aliment

maybe this is the reson she left me.... you guys know what i am taling about
Old 02-23-2006, 03:53 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

I've got you all beat...

I wash the car when it's really dirty. I try to do it at least once every 2 or 3 weeks.

I vacuum it every month or two, or whenever I get around to it.

I service it whenever it starts to feel a little rough or every 10,000kms; whichever comes first.

I thrash the living daylights out of it whenever I get the chance.

It's also my daily driver & gets used for work quite a bit... A fair few city kms.

The car is prolly only a handfull of years off from being traded-in or serving as a spare car or just dying. At least it'll have had a good life fing02.gif
Old 02-23-2006, 04:01 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i used to be all hardcore about tibby maintenance.. But that was before i put 27000 miles on the vehical in this year. Now i do the bear minimum. oil change at 3k, maintenance when needed by manual and car wash when it looks dirty.

Really, anything more then maintenance when the book says so is overkill. Your car will run forever on manufacturer maintenance anyways. Anything less then MFG recommended maintenance is what the average consumer does and kills vehicals.