Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Problems. . .

Old 11-18-2004, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: People being "offended"

Alternator may be fried. If it started back up once and then hasn't since that is normally a prime symtom of a toasted alternator. I would check that too.

Alternator's aren't that expensive either. Initially they are but you get half your money back if you return your old one.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:51 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: building a computer

I can almost guarantee that i's not your starter. Check all your fuses both inside the car and under the hood, and make sure all the relayz are working fine. I hooked the battery up backwards in my roomates winter accent, and it blew the alternator fuse, ran for about a week then wouldn't start. Also, what did the battery meter at when you tried starting the car?? It may read 12v before you crank, but if it drops below 9v during crank then you probably killed the battery and now it won't hold charge. You can always take it to an local autoparts store, they usually test them for free.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:32 AM

Default MNC 3 Dub edition

I realy hate to say this but if you can't find out where the short is, if you have a short, you may have to take it to the dealer if nothing else works.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Turbo Timer Wiring

Problem solved. I found that the ground to the battery was fried so i replaced it and it is good as new. Only downside the whole situation is now have a burn mark on the CAI piping. I made a battery tie down out of a crossmember and some long bolts that fasten into the battery plate. It is out of the way enough now that when the engine moves around a bit on the mounts it should never make contact, nor should the battery every move.

Thanks for the help though
-ben-