Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Problem With Tail Lights

Old 07-03-2007, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

The wire harness for the left rear taillight seems to be bad. I've had problems with it before. Twice now I've had a mechanic take a look at it. The problem seems to be in the car end of the harness.

I figure I need to replace the harness, but I can't find the part number. I called the local dealership and the parts guy quoted me $80 for the part, but he wasn't sure if it was the part I needed. The harness I need can be seen here (R01). I found part #92430-27500 from REDZ's parts listing, but I don't think that would include the "car end" of the harness. I figure there's no way the part I need is $80 when the "light end" is only $11. Does anybody know what part I should be asking for?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:39 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

go to a dealership parts dept. They can tell you the part number and the price.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:42 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

salvage yard!!! i'd go snip it of a salvage tib. those parts rarely ever go bad.

if you need to test if it is the tail-light harness (connects to bulbs themselves) plug it in the other side and see if it works. if you need an new taillight harness (that connects to bulbs) i have one. but if it's the harness off the car itself then check your local salvage yards.